“Wonderful front desk staff!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stopped in Brunswick after driving from Grove City, Penn. We had already went to the first motel we found but it was full. We tried the Country Inn & Suites to find they had maybe 3 or 4 rooms left due to cancellations. We were able to get a suite which had 2 queen beds plus a sofa bed which was great since we have 2 teenagers who do not want to share a bed. The rate we were given was better than any rate we paid on the way down to Florida and back to Ontario plus we had the extra bed. The pool was a little green but I am sure it was due to the amount of people in and out of it and having had our own indoor pool at home sometimes too many chemicals can also throw off the levels. We did have the breakfast the next morning and there was a good selection of items to pick from. I had a mix up with my bill and did not notice it until I had gotten home 2 weeks later. I only had to call and it was immediately fixed to my satisfaction! We would definitely stay here again while in the area!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank mrstthom
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments and we have addressed the pool issue with our team, it is now corrected. We hope to see you the next time you are in the Brunswick area.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stay at Country Inns all the time, but would not recommend this property. The clerk was not friendly nor helpful. The swimming pool water was green. There was not a sign stating the pool was closed. Wow! The furniture in our room was old and worn. Not a welcoming Country Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Trupes
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments. I will address the front desk staff attitude and discuss the furniture issue with our team. The pool water is not green that's why there was no sign, we recently had new lighting installed which puts off a yellow glow and the walls of the pool are painted a bluish green which in turn make the water appear green but we have addressed that issue. We hope that upon your next visit to Brunswick that we can exceed your expectaions and restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

After checking prices for a one night stay for my daughters 10 bday. We decided on country inn & suites- booked and confirmed 2double bed suite with fold out couch.
The day was perfect until our attempt to check in march 15 @ 6:45pm. To our surprise our room had been given to some one else and a king room was all that was available according to the manager/owner.
The 5 girls were so upset & disappointed!! However no apology or refund was offered!
After a brief discussion a refund was permitted but to date has not shown up!
I highly do NOT recommend this poorly ran establishment!
To blatantly sale our confirmed reservation to some else at a higher price (I'm sure) is terrible & to show no remorse for ruining a child's special day is inexcusable!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Haleykay

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the issue that occurred, somehow our system was overbooked on the night of your stay. I will look into the issue of the refund for your stay. We hope that you will give us a second chance to make things right and restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

At any reputable hotel, satisfying their guest is their priority. Especially when there are so many in the same area to choose from. After driving for 10 hours I used Priceline to book a hotel room in the area. This is the hotel that I was given for a very good price I must admit. It was late at night, we were exhausted. Checked in at the front desk, requested 2 beds and the desk clerk (Gary) absolutely refused our request. He said it was against policy and he could not accommodate us. Now, I travel quite a bit and have never encountered this even at the better hotels. If a hotel has 2 beds available, what's the harm in satisfying your guest? He wouldn't budge. In fact he was quite rude about it. I demanded to speak to a manager. Of course there was not one on duty leaving him in charge. I also demanded that he call his manager to which he refused. He gave me no other options. And I was left wondering why someone would be so mean and nasty over granting a simple request of another bed, especially when it was available. I warned that this was not good for business. And that if he worked for me and treated a customer the way he treated me, he would not have a job. I believe in a customer is your paycheck and told him that. I ended up not staying there as I have never been treated so poorly by any hotel staff in all of my travels.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MCKNJ
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments and I will address the staff's attitude. Unfortunately, it is our policy that we cannot change any third party reservations whatever type of bedding you book that is what we can give you because our rooms with 2 beds cost more. Normally there is an option to choose either a king or 2 queens when making a reservation. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Pretty nice country inn. Couple of small complaints . shower heads could have been better. Remotes or tvs were not good hard to use on tv in suite(direct tv). Breakfast was not as good as some country inns we have stayed at. Good but not great.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments. I will address your issues with our team and we will be working diligently to correct these issues. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the Brunswick area.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The room itself was very dated but clean enough minus a small odor. The bathroom was different. There were dead insects inside the light fixture in the bathroom. There were rust marks on the lower part of the wall behind the toilet. The "slip" patches inside the tub were dark and dirty looking.

Room Tip: roaches in room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank time p
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments. Thank you for making us aware and we will address these issues with our team to ensure each room is being properly cleaned. We hope that upon your next visit we will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Average Hotel in a sort of Hotel Complex right off the Freeway (I-95). Clerk was nice at check-in - cookies were available & he made fresh coffee for us.
HOWEVER: I have a problem with hotels that are missing HAIR DRYERS! I didn't notice there was not one until 5:45 AM the next morning when I needed to dry my hair. Luckily I was not traveling alone--my husband went to the lobby to get one. He came back to say they would bring one to the room - minutes later the clerk came to give us a key for another room as he explained they didn't have 'an extra hair dryer' - oh, come on now, they are only $12. at Walmart!!! They had to have someone stay in the room in the past and need one--there was a bracket in the bathroom showing that it had obviously been removed by maintenance!
I slunk down the hallway with wet head and dried my hair in a vacant room!!! If I had been traveling alone I would have been REALLY MAD at the inconvenience; as it was, it was an early morning waste of time to say the least..
I'm only graciously giving them an average rating because they had an okay breakfast buffet.
If you stay here and want to wash your hair, check to see if you have a hair dryer in YOUR room!

Room Tip: Check for a hair dryer upon room arrival!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pebbleskip
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments. We apologize for the issue you experienced during your stay. Hairdryers have been ordered and that issue will be corrected as soon as we receive them. We hope that you will give us a second chance to make things right and exceed your expectations upon your next visit to Brunswick.