“Good not great”

Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good not great”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Pretty nice country inn. Couple of small complaints . shower heads could have been better. Remotes or tvs were not good hard to use on tv in suite(direct tv). Breakfast was not as good as some country inns we have stayed at. Good but not great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments. I will address your issues with our team and we will be working diligently to correct these issues. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the Brunswick area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The room itself was very dated but clean enough minus a small odor. The bathroom was different. There were dead insects inside the light fixture in the bathroom. There were rust marks on the lower part of the wall behind the toilet. The "slip" patches inside the tub were dark and dirty looking.

Room Tip: roaches in room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank time p
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments. Thank you for making us aware and we will address these issues with our team to ensure each room is being properly cleaned. We hope that upon your next visit we will exceed your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

USA
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Average Hotel in a sort of Hotel Complex right off the Freeway (I-95). Clerk was nice at check-in - cookies were available & he made fresh coffee for us.
HOWEVER: I have a problem with hotels that are missing HAIR DRYERS! I didn't notice there was not one until 5:45 AM the next morning when I needed to dry my hair. Luckily I was not traveling alone--my husband went to the lobby to get one. He came back to say they would bring one to the room - minutes later the clerk came to give us a key for another room as he explained they didn't have 'an extra hair dryer' - oh, come on now, they are only $12. at Walmart!!! They had to have someone stay in the room in the past and need one--there was a bracket in the bathroom showing that it had obviously been removed by maintenance!
I slunk down the hallway with wet head and dried my hair in a vacant room!!! If I had been traveling alone I would have been REALLY MAD at the inconvenience; as it was, it was an early morning waste of time to say the least..
I'm only graciously giving them an average rating because they had an okay breakfast buffet.
If you stay here and want to wash your hair, check to see if you have a hair dryer in YOUR room!

Room Tip: Check for a hair dryer upon room arrival!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pebbleskip
Rahul P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments. We apologize for the issue you experienced during your stay. Hairdryers have been ordered and that issue will be corrected as soon as we receive them. We hope that you will give us a second chance to make things right and exceed your expectations upon your next visit to Brunswick.
OKC,Ok
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Was in the Golden Isles the first week of January and needed a comfortable and convienient place to stay. Country Inn & Suites easily met my requirements! The Inn is located less than 1/2 mile from I-35, yet is only about 15 or 20 minutes to St. Simon or Jekyll Island. Check In & Out were rapid and efficient. My room was on the first floor. I found it convienient to park near the east parking lot. It made loading and unloading a breeze! My room was exceptionally free of noise from outside sources, which made sleeping more restfull. My room had a small refrigerator and microwave in addition to a nice 36" TV. Not certain who the cable provider was, but there was plenty of selection. I watched the Rose Bowl there and had quality coverage. There was a coffee maker in the bathroom. There were 2 queen sized beds with 3 pillows on each bed. Also note worthy was free access to computers with printers, a small exercise room, an indoor heated pool and small spa. Fresh coffee and hot choclate were always available. Frequently cookies were available at the check-in counter. Breakfast in the morning was very nice. Usually eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, waffles, doughnuts, creals, juice, and fresh fruit were some of the many offerings. I was there for six days and had the opportunity to interact with many on the staff. Elia was particularly cordial with her morning greetings. She frequently had to work around my very flexible morning schedule and always did so cheerfully. The rest of the staff were also friendly and professional, without exception. Throughly enjoyed my stay and hope they have room for me on my next visit to the Golden Isles!

Room Tip: Ground floor near east exit is great for loading and unloading. Is also near computers, exercise roo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank daniherr
Rahul P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities we have to offer here at our facility! We look forward to seeing you and your guests the next time you are in the Golden Isles.
Farmingdale, Maine
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This has been by far the best hotel stay ever. When we entered the hotel we were quickly greeted. When we checked in we were given a free upgrade to 2 suites as we were with another couple. The suites were amazing as we have kids. The room was excelant. The pool and hot tub were heated and the food was great! I would highly recommend this place when in Brunswick, GA!

ES 12/8/2013

Room Tip: The suites are worth the upgrade if you need the extra space.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mike s
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Brunswick area.
Madison Heights, Virginia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just stopped here for sleep arriving exhausted at 1 am, great front desk person very accommodating and friendly! had 2 small children check in and out fast and efficient
Rooms CLEAN
Beds COMFORTABLE
Price AFFORDABLE
All in all great place to stay!
12/2/2013 J.T.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer T
Rahul P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us, although it was short! We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you and your guests to the Brunswick area.
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and will have to say, room very clean, bed very comfortable and very friendly staff. Got a great rate on room.
One thing we liked is no pets. Tired of barking dogs and stinky rooms from previous hotels. The heated pool, hot tub and sauna was clean and enjoyable as well.
This will be our new hotel to stay when visiting family in the Brunswick area. The location right off 95 is convenient.
My only suggestion would be an outside gazebo. Some hotels have added these for smokers so they are not forced to be at front sitting area by main entrance. The lelongs

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rahul P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will discuss the gazebo idea with our team. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Brunswick area.