“things have changed at this chain”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Brunswick I-95, GA
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed July 28, 2013

always loved country inn and suites very consistent and clean- well I checked in around 630 or so - I had been driving for over 6 hrs and really needed to rest- lady at desk very nice courteous and doing the best she could- I went upstairs to find 2 sheets of toilet paper - called downstairs and she said I would have to come back down as she was the only one on duty-not a good welcome- internet never worked in the room - she said I would have to use it in the lobby-defeats the purpose of having my laptop in the room - used the Jacuzzi which was nice - went to take shower and no soap in the shower - used the small face soap but still could not understand?? simple things such as toilet paper and soap being overlooked- spoke to the lady on my wait to get a bite to eat - she said mgmt. had cut service to a minimum - I agree - that seems crazy to have one person manning this big hotel that is now soldout with indoor pool/Jacuzzi and a lot of kids ?? getting back to going to sleep at 12:30 I pull the bedspread down and bed looks crumpled and used- not fresh clean and/or tight - could it be the sheets had not been changed?? I called downstairs and the midnight desk clerk was now on - she said I could come down and get clean sheets and put them on my self- I was pissed and said I would talk to the mgr in the morning- I checked the 2nd bed - not sure if they were clean or not but by that hr I laid my head to rest for a quick sleep- checking out brkfast was fine small dining area and set up ok - spoke to a mgr about my concerns - she said gm would be in at 11am and she could offer me a credit of $20 max- I told her I would call corporate when I left and would call him after 11am-If I have to pay $85 to sleep in dirty sheets, no internet in the room as well as no toilet paper or soap - next time I will stay somewhere else-

Room Tip: stay somewhere else- mgmt. does not care - he never returned my call - I called 2x and he seems to n...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank sunrise43
Rahul P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Brunswick I-95, GA, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Be very careful with this place, its a scam. They will charge you an $80 cleanup fee if they have to do anymore than make the beds and they won't even notify you to give you the chance to dispute it. They just take the money out and refuse to even discuss it with you. They charge you what they consider a reasonable rate and make it up with other charges. Also if you have Club Carlson they will not do ANYTHING to help.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank DAVID N

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were desperately trying to get a copy of my husband's drivers license from another state. His wallet was stolen the night before. The staff in Brunswick went out of their way to help us. Could not have asked for more professional and courteous people.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rahul P, Guest Services Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Brunswick I-95, GA, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to the Brunswick area.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We chose this hotel for its proximity to Jekyll Island. We were on the beach within 30 minutes from the hotel. The rate convinced me to take a chance, as we were only staying one night. We've stayed in Country Inn & Suites before, and other locations are nicer, but our previous stay (in a different city) was $50 more than our rate here - you get what you pay for. The staff at the Brunswick location was so helpful and courteous.

There are maintenance and cleanliness issues in the rooms. The shower looked dirty when we arrived, probably because the drain was slow. The bathroom faucet leaked, and there's a hole in the wall below the living room light fixture. The corridor lighting wasn't great, making the hallways seem dark and creepy. Minor stuff, considering the rate we paid. I checked other hotels, and this was, by far, our best deal. The breakfast was okay, but the selections for food weren't great. The fruit was tasteless and the tv was too loud. But again, the staff was super-helpful and polite. All that said, for the rate, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We usually stay in Country Inn & Suites when we travel because we haven't had a bad experience yet. The room was clean, and the staff was friendly enough. We chose this location because we were headed to St. Simons for a last-minute getaway for the 4th of July, but did want to pay an arm and a leg to stay at the beach. This hotel was only about 20 minutes away. The only complaint we have is that the breakfast area was overcrowded, but there was a good variety if you were willing to wait for a seat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your last stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Brunswick area.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We made the mistake of not reserving a room on the top floor and found out the next day after having our sleep disturbed during the night and early morning that we were directly below a group of families that were there for a baseball tournament. They stayed up late playing playing Wei and jumping up and down on the floor (they admitted this when we went upstairs to confront them) and got up early with kids running back and forth their room. We asked the hotel if we could move to another room, but they were booked up they said, so when we asked if we could check out a day early to stay at another hotel they said they could check us out a day early, but wouldn't provide a refund. So basically we had to deal with a lack of sleep a 2nd night since the families never let up on the noise level.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Brunswick I-95, GA, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

We apologize for the problems you encountered while staying with us. It is difficult to be able to accommodate the needs of everyone staying at the hotel especially when it is completely booked, but we take pride in flexibility and our ability to extend multiple offers in order to satisfy our guests, so it is disappointing to hear that we were unable to accommodate you. If you get the chance in the near future, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-967-9182 (ask for Jon and reference tracking number 2819343) so we can make this right. Thank you.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel overall was decent. My husband and I stayed for two days for weekend trip. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The big reason I marked it down was because the room seemed dirty. I found a hair on the sheets, the bathroom floor, toilet, and tub was dirty. Also, the mattress was not too comfortable. One other thing I had a problem with was the sauna didn't work and the hot tub jets wouldn't turn on. The breakfast was pretty good. It would have been a nice place to stay, but even at a discounted rate, I still expect the rooms to be cleaned properly.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple