“Problems from the Get-Go!” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brunswick I-95
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
CLYDE
“Problems from the Get-Go!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Booked our room in person the day before we planned to stay with a guarantee for late arrival. Arrived at 11:45 pm the night we'd booked and were given keys to a room...got to the room (dead-tired after filming a wedding all day) and the keys didn't work. Called front desk; clerk came up and tried to open door, keys still didn't work. We sat down on luggage cart while he returned to the front desk and the door opened...someone was already in that room! Called front desk and argued with clerk (who insisted that was OUR room); he came up with keys to another room, assured us he'd drop our rate by another $20. We wound up with two queens instead of the king room we'd booked. Blackout curtains were "holey", looked really ratty. At checkout, learned the clerk knew nothing of the previous night's promise for a reduction in rate. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
West Springfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

I stayed here for one night on my 7000 mile road trip, on the way to Key West Florida. The room and the hotel as a whole: clean, new-looking. Even if it has only three floors it has a nice elevator as opposed to my Super 8 on Myrtle Beach where I had room on the 4th flloor with no elevator! It has a nice clean vending area and guest laundry facility. Beds are comfortable. Microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker (good for one cup at a time), tv, safe, iron and ironing board. On the whole I am happy with my stay, except for one thing: my room ( and I guess this may be the case with every room) does not have a curtain to darken the room and I am too sensitive to light when it comes to sleeping. I need pinch darkness! I had to cover the microwaves bright clock light with a towel, but there was nothing I could do about the window.... So, if light bothers you, check with the front desk if they can give you a room with a curtain to block light! Good luck.
Yes, free parking and Internet...
I would have given four stars, had i had not the above mentioned problem!

Room Tip: Ask for room with a curtain that darkens the room!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

Would stay again, but surrounded by nicer hotels that had no occupancy. Second choice but priced right.

• Stayed April 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

We chose this hotel as home base for a 5 day vacation exploring the Golden Isles due to its location, complimentary hot breakfast, and indoor pool and whirlpool. We are a typical family-- mom, dad, 16-year-old son, and 11-year-old daughter. When we checked in, the clerk seemed put off by the fact we asked for an extra set of sheets-- our son prefers to sleep on a portable pad rather than share a bed. Our room was clean, but there were some issues-- though there was a tray with coffee, cups, sugar, etc., there was no coffee pot. There was also no hair dryer in the bathroom though a metal plate on the wall suggested there should be one. The next day, I asked about a dryer and the young man on duty (last name Patel, I believe) was very friendly and accommodating and had a dryer sent to our room. I also asked him about the whirlpool spa, which was not working; he said someone would fix it the following day. Unfortunately, the jets were never fixed over the course of our stay, which was disappointing, as the whirlpool was one of the main reasons we chose the hotel. One night, the lights in the pool area didn't even work so we did not get to swim due to the darkness.

Another disappointment was the "hot breakfast." At the desk, a menu was prominently featured, showing a breakfast menu for each day. The first morning was supposedly "breakfast burrito" items-- with scrambled eggs, diced ham, peppers, onions, cheese, etc. listed, yet at the breakfast, there were only round egg patties and tortillas. My husband asked one of the ladies working in the breakfast area and she said that was all they had. They did have some cereal, waffles and other bread items, but that was a disappointment considering the "hot breakfast" menu touted at the desk. The next morning was equally sparse and disappointing. We skipped breakfast after that until the last day, and surprisingly that day, the "omelet bar" had a few items-- eggs, ham, peppers, onions, and cheese, so we enjoyed that.

The hotel's wifi signal was very weak for, resulting in continual disconnections.

As mentioned earlier, the staff was really hot and cold in their interactions with us. The woman who checked us in acted suspicious about our request for sheets and was not very friendly, and then another woman who was at the desk when I came down to request a bandage for my daughter was very indifferent; I'm not sure she even said one word to me as she handed me the bandage, much less expressed any concern (if only to be polite) as I would expect most people would when a guess makes such a request. Yet, this same woman was on duty when we checked out, and we actually had to wait for her to return to the lobby after cheerfully chatting with other guests in the parking lot, so apparently she *can* be friendlier. The young man who attended to our hair-dryer request was friendly and helpful, however.

We've stayed at countless hotels and are pretty easy to please, and though the room was clean and the lobby attractive, the quirky issues (missing room items, nonworking whirlpool, and falsely advertised hot breakfast items, make this a hotel we would only recommend for those looking simply for a bed for a quick overnight stay, nothing more.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

On our way back from FL to VA had to stop for the night. First stopped at te Holiday INN and they wanted almost double for what the Country Inn and Suites wanted. Glad we didn't get suckered by the Holiday Inn. To be fair, we didn't stop at the other hotels but the rates are all around $100. The Country Inn was clean, had a pool and hot tub. The rooms were comfortable. Breakfest was included. Not a bad place to stop.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
meredithj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

We were on our way back from our MA-FL roadtrip when we decided to spend the night here. We researched hotels in the area that were right off of I-95 with good ratings. This place was PERFECT. It was very quiet, very clean and comfortable. They serve breakfast from 6am-9:30am. They had a great selection of waffles, breakfast sandwiches, homefries, etc as well as cereal, yogurt, bagels, oatmeal, juices, coffee, tea etc.
Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are always available in the lobby.

The front desk offers an Ethernet cord to use the hotel's internet.

There is a small pool and hot tub which we didn't have time to use.

Enjoyed the Pantene shampoo and conditioner and Vaseline body lotion in the bathroom.

There is not much to do in the area unless you head toward the coast. There are lots of "So and So's BBQ" restaurants in the area, but we stuck to the local Applebees for Margaritas and dinner, and we hit the road again the next morning. Also noticed a nearby Wal-mart which may be handy to travelers.

AAA card saves you around $10.

Couldn't have asked for more in an overnight stay!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Lawrenceville, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

I've stayed in these hotels before and this one had a high rating so I booked. The AC in the room was very loud and rattled all night. Very disruptive. The breakfast which was advertised as "hot" consisted of 3-4 slices of stale bread available, no yogurt available even though it was listed, the waffles were not available due to being out of syrup. No forks were available. There is hot oatmeal supplies displayed but only instant was available. I complained and the desk clerk took my room number. I received no follow up. After giving negative results on the survey I did receive an email from the management apologizing and saying they hoped my next stay would be more enjoyable. I don't plan to stay there again. Too many other options nearby.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Brunswick hotels