“Decent stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Jameson Inn
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
“Decent stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

While inn town for a funeral our first night in town was spent here. The rooms were clean and provided all the expected amenities for the money. My only complaints would be that the smoke alarm had been removed from the wall and a barking dog in a fence beside the hotel. We would however, stay again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Terri H, General Manager at Jameson Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
I want to apologize on behalf of myself and the staff at the Jameson Inn. I understand your frustration. We pride ourselves on great customer service and I am sorry that we fell short of our goals with your stay. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience to ensure we have a satisfactory outcome with this experience. My Contact information is 912-270-3294.

Gary Noble

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights here and I can't say enough good about this inn. If you are looking for clean comfortable rooms and friendly helpful staff at a reasonable price this is the place. The owners are just the sweetest and made several recommendations for site seeing and dining that were spot on. The beds are like sleeping on a cloud, the rooms are spotless including the bathroom. There were no odors or stains. The hot breakfast in the morning was a nice surprise. Biscuits and gravy and waffles were available and coffee is free all day, they will even make a fresh pot in the afternoon. The area is convenient to St Simons Island and Jekyll Island and the quaint town of Brunswick is adorable.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of all the staff here at the Jameson Inn I want to thank you for the wonderful review and especially for taking the time to share your experience. We continue to work to provide an excellent product and outstanding customer service at an affordable rate. We look forward to having you as a guest on your next trip to The Golden Isles.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We didn't have super high expectations. Needed place to stay with our dog. Checked in at 12:30 am. Saw no vacancy. We were on the back of hotel. Check in was easy. No parking anywhere near our room. Dogs on back property barked all night. Made our dog nervous and she barked a lot. Room was small. And very dusty. I swear it looked like no one had come in the room in a year. Smell was musty. Tables layered with dust. We checked for bugs and it was clean. But we were afraid to put our stuff on anything due to the dirtiness. We slept in our clothes. But dogs barked so much we didn't sleep much. Breakfast was limited. With a dog you expect a little less. Guess we got that. I wouldn't stay there again but if you do, ask to be on front of hotel away from barking dogs!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Hallowell, Maine, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stopped here on our way home from Florida. Very convenient location with gas stations nearby and restaurant within walking distance. Room was clean, king size bed was very comfortable and staff were very friendly and helpful. Had your standard continental breakfast. For the price, would stay here again.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our trip here was to try out the Emerald Princess casino boat with a Living Social voucher. I waited a little late to make reservations but was able to get in before the voucher expired. We arrived around 5PM and got checked in with ease. Breakfast was provided each morning. All of the staff that we came in contact with were very friendly. The accommodations are very clean and they even have a refrigerator and microwave for your use.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I were at the Jameson Inn for a 2-night stay for sight-seeing in Brunswick and St. Simons Island. Had gotten a great deal for 2 nights on LivingSocial; to be honest, our expectations weren't all that high. What a nice surprise when our expectations were exceeded. Angie Barnard, the hotel manager, was so friendly when I'd phoned for the reservation (and no problem at all with the LivingSocial coupon). Upon our arrival, she was just as wonderful in person - easy check-in, answered our questions and was very informative about the area. The room was very clean and neat; bed very comfortable (and we're used to our Tempurpedic!), and the continental breakfast was also very nice. Location is great for various eateries, too. It was too cold to swim while there, but the pool still looked inviting. I had a bit of an issue the 2nd night with the heating unit being a little loud, but am a light sleeper - it didn't bother my husband at all. Told Angie about it at check-out, and her husband was on it. Super couple, who have everyone's comfort & convenience on their mind. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in or near the area!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor and we heard no corridor noise. Room had two double beds and was spac...
3 Thank Nan118

Kingsville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

had a living social deal promo with casino cruise deal the staff was excellent let us check in already at 2 pm breakfast was good went to Jeykl Island & St Simons very historical places even Brunswick had a very historical l areas