“Fairy tale tree”
Review of Lover's Oak

Lover's Oak
Ranked #3 of 33 things to do in Brunswick
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This tree looks ancient and magical. Definitely worth a visit, even if you are single! Be careful, because it is at the crossing of two roads and you may miss it.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Brought a group of our friends down to see the love tree was pleasantly surprised with it. Made for a nice ride would recommend

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I couldn't help but laugh out loud at another review, for our experience was quite the opposite.

My partner and I went to Georgia last year, my first time to the area, and this was on his list of attractions to take me to see, although I didn't know this until after the fact. As we went into the neighborhood, I was all smiles, loving the beautiful historic southern homes. Then we came up to this magnificent tree at the corner and I was in awe at the beauty of it. He stopped the car and we got out and he took me to the sign post to read about it, pulling out his camera to take my picture. As he was doing this, a man appeared (looking back at the pictures my partner was taking of me, I giggle even now, seeing this man in the background approaching closer and closer in each shot). We all exchanged introductions and he turned and pointed at his family home, educating us of his family heritage there, which was quite interesting, then offered to take our picture together with the tree. These pictures are among my favorite of our trip, one of which I've blown up into a 20x30 to exhibit us in the midst of this gorgeous tree.

We are going back to the area this year and revisiting this tree is definitely on our agenda. I do hope to see this friendly local man again, and if he doesn't magically appear this time, I just may have to go knock on his door to say hello, after all, it's the southern thing to do. :)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Yes, I knew it was just a tree even before I went searching for it. But it's not just about the tree it's about the love story behind it that led me in search of Lover's Oak. Tuck away in a little seedy neighborhood. If it were not for the tree I would have not gotten out of the car and just kept driving. I had stares, I'm sure they knew I was there only for the tree. But they were unwelcoming stares. I recommend you come just for the tree. Now just not linger longer than you need to.

1  Thank T L
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This tree is amazingly large and sits right at an intersection in residential Brunswick. You can climb up and take your photo among all of these huge branches. If you are near by, it is worth the stop. While not as Huge as Angel Oak near Charleston, It is still impressive and Free.

2  Thank TryppAdams