“Childhood Memories Made Here, Good BBQ & Fries”
Review of Twin Oaks

Twin Oaks
Ranked #32 of 201 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The only reason I didn't give it an excellent is that the place has aged quite a few years and shows on the outside. As a kid growing up in Brunswick, this was the place to hang out and get some good BBQ and battered fries. Not many places soak their fries in cold water overnight, then roll them in flour, and deep fry them. I thought all fries were made this way until we moved away when I was in the 6th grade. I had to search out places that made them this way. otherwise you get what the fast food joints call fries or what KFC calls "tater logs" not the same. my brothers and I used to read all the billboards around the parking lot as we waited for the waitress to bring our food out to the car and hang it on our window. We also used to marvel at the neat shiny sport cars, race cars, family cars, etc . that were all around us. The birds always hung around looking out for that dropped French fry or scrap of bun tossed out. You can go inside to eat, but where is the fun in that? That place still has fond memories for me and takes me back to my childhood and the waitress that used to wait on us was best friends with my aunt Mary who worked there too...now is co-owner! I stop in here every time I find myself in Brunswick, Georgia. Heck, sometimes I just hop in the car and start driving toward the smell of salty air that Brunswick is known for(Jekyll Island and St. Simmons Island)for.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Twin Oaks is a REAL BBQ place...most things are home made and the meat is really cooked right there. You have to try the french fries...they are very different and quite habit forming. I always go the BBQ there because I loved it so, but many friends have commented that many other dishes there are just as good. One of the places I miss the most since I am no longer in the area. I will be back!

1  Thank Ginny B
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Only open for breakfast and lunch, but a must do for real pit cooked barbecue. My server was Whitney, and I doubt that I have seen a more pleasant, harder working server in my life. Twin Oaks is off the beaten path but well worth the stop for a laid back experience done the same way for over 50 years.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great Bar b que and battered french fries that are out of this world. Place needs to be updated and cleaned on the inside but overall great place to have lunch. Very fast service.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place has been around forever. Real pit smoke BBQ and wonderful battered fries. Super reasonably priced and usually packed. Tables are sticky, and the air smells of smoke from the indoor pits. Jumbo sandwich combo, awesome-$8 bucks. If you are a snooty patootie, this isn't the place for u. Packed with blue collar workers, cops, firemen, and locals. They have drive up service.

1  Thank B S