“Excellent sample of Thai foods.”
Review of Basil Thai & Sushi

Basil Thai & Sushi
Ranked #9 of 218 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Thai, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2018

I had shrimp and avcado on bed of greens, shrimp and avocado was fresh and very tasty. Greens were a bit wilted, but when you serve with hot shrimp I understand. It was early so nice and quiet with very prompt service. I will go again and again.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

My wife and I did a stop over in downtown Brunswick, GA about a week ago and the B&B we stayed in recommended Basil Thai and Sushi. A sushi restaurant was the last thing I thought i would find in this sleepy downtown very Southern town. However, once inside, the decor was very nice, although a little run down. I'm not a sushi guy, but there were many alternatives in Asian food on the menu. We met the owner and he thanked us for our patronage. If we ever get back to Brunswick, we will go back to the Basil....the food was very, very good and the service excellent.

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Nice selection, waitress lovely. Good prices. Soft shell crab delicious as was the sauce. Crispy flounder was nice. Pleasant surroundings. Stays on our list.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

Our first meal in quaint, historic downtown Brunswick after a long drive. Basil Thai was accommodating to our vegan needs. We had soup, a curry and pad thai. All was very good. Nice ambience as we sat near the front windows but we noticed they have booths that are very seclusive. The bar area was very attractive and the bathrooms were the cleanest I have ever seen.

There was a major thunderstorm while we were there; torrential even. The staff were using umbrellas to get patrons to and from their cards. Very nice. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

This is a really cute date spot or lunch spot. They have an awesome selection of Asian fusion cuisine, and it really is great food. The Thai Basil Sampler is definitely worth a try. The dinner portions are HUGE, and you absolutely get what you pay for here.