“NOTHING LESS THAN SPECTACULAR!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Basil Thai & Sushi

Basil Thai & Sushi
Ranked #17 of 191 Restaurants in Brunswick
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Maine
“NOTHING LESS THAN SPECTACULAR!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

And thanks to Trip Advisor - thanks Trip Advisor - my daughter and I, on our way to start off first year of med school, ventured into Basil Thai & Sushi and let me sum it up this way:

1) The place/space is stunning. All the more surprising, pleasantly so, based upon how unassuming the town of Brunswick appears to be.

2) The people working there could not have been more welcoming, pleasant, and professional. And that starts at the top with the extremely warm, friendly, and charming owner T.C.

3) Take it from a jaded New Yorker who knows his sushi: this was some of the freshest, best prepared and tasting sushi I have ever had anywhere!!! No joke and remarkable in this little town easily missed.

DO NOT MISS COMING HERE (and I did scope out other diners meals, including salads and Thai dishes, and it all look fabulous) - and prices were all incredibly fair - no matter what you do.

1 Thank theghostwriter

Bradenton, FL
“Go Find This Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am not into superlatives, but this place blew us away. Excellent Thai and Sushi, tremendous staff and great value. Located in the old downtown area of Brunswick, it's a few miles off the I-75 (food wasteland) corridor. Every turn of the tire is worth it.

Both cooks came out to check on our reaction to the food. The server was tremendous. Would we go back if we were in the area? You bet. In fact, i may drive the 600 miles back up there just to eat here again. Highly, highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BarefootTom
Waycross, Georgia, United States
“Loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant has great atmosphere and the staff was amazing. The food was really good(I had the Pad Thai) but the experience was different from the Jacksonville Florida location. The Pad Thai did not have any heat but I was able to request a spice rack. I recommend that you try it out it is worth the time and money.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

My wife and I decided to visit the Golden Isles. While in the area we also wanted to have some good meals, and thanks to Trip Advisor, we decided to try Basil. First we went for lunch, and because we were so impressed, the next evening we went for dinner. At dinner we shared their calamari appetizer. Then, my wife had the crisp half duck with organic vegetables, and I had the soft shell crab. All three items were simply delicious. The duck in particular was outstanding. (I know, because my wife let me have a small bite.) At lunch I had tried their sushi, which was also excellent. The service is also first rate. The only thing that surprised me was the fact that even tho we were there on a Friday night in July, there were not many people there. But then we also noticed that not much was happening in the rest of what looked like the main street of Brunswick.
If they don't get much business there, maybe the chef/owner would consider moving to our Hilton Head. We don't have anything here that even comes close to this place.

glenwood, nj
“Repeat trip was a disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We ate here last year at this time and it was so much better. They served a soup to me with hard bamboo shoots in it. The sushi was not nearly as good and they made a mistake on my daughter's dinner. It is expensive and even the lovely fountain in the entrance was gone. Downhill. Sorry

Visited July 2014