“Great View ... OK Food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Marshside Grill in Brunswick sits right on the marsh of the Golden Isles of Georgia (thus the name). The view is great. The food is good but not anything to write home about. Some of the entres are heavy on grease. Since I am from Texas where fried food and grease are a staple, one would think I would rate this restaurant higher. While my entre was tasty, I needed several Tums to balance my palatte with my stomach.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Marshside Grill is a frequent stop, because they have a wonderful location overlooking the marshes. If you hit it on a good day, when it's not too hot, you can sit outside and enjoy the view. Food is okay. I'm not crazy about fried food, but if you like fried shrimp, this is a great place. also features local bands in the evenings, makes it very festive.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We come to Jekyll Island every year. This is the first time we have experimented with Marshside since it was "Spankey's". It was nothing more than bar food, average at best. The seafood platter was very disappointing: for $22 it came with 4 shrimp, 4 scallops, 4 oysters and a piece of fish (unknown species). The scallops and the oysters were definitely not fresh, the shrimp might have been the freshest. We had reviewed the menu online before we went and were excited about the variety, but left with disappointment and an $82 bill.
You lost us forever Marshside...

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We had a hard time finding a lunch place after a beach morning on St. Simon's. Marshside Grill is a waterfront restaurant with delicious catch of the day fish. I got the grilled tacos and he got the sandwich. Both were excellent!

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The Marshside Grill offers a fine selection of foods from land and sea alike. The grub is well prepared and the prices are reasonable enough.