“A SCENIC VIEW OVERLOOKING THE MARSHES”
Review of Marshside Grill

Marshside Grill
Ranked #7 of 200 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This restaurant is set in a location overlooking the Marshes of Glynn in Brunswick, Georgia. This is my hometown. so I'm very partial when I say that it is one of GOD's greatest places to live and grow up in. The Marshside Grill features local foods that cooked to perfection. as for myself, I recommend the bucket of boiled shrimps, you just peel um and eat um. It was finger licking good!!!.

There are newer reviews for Marshside Grill

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have eaten at Marshside numerous times. My favorite item on the menu was the Traditional Shrimp Salad. The last two times we have eaten there that is what we went in to have. Both times the lettuce under the Shrimp Salad was browning. Last week when we ate there they had new menus and about 3/4 of the items on the menu say "Market Price" so you have to ask prices for nearly everything. The Shrimp Salad said "Market Price". I can understand that for some items, but not nearly everything on the menu. I mentioned to the waitress I didn't like that approach and having been in the hospitality business for years had never experienced this. There was a young man standing to my left watching what the waitress was doing and he copped an attitude. He told me he could tell me anything I wanted to know. We ordered the Traditional Shrimp Salad and were brought the Combination Salad with Seafood and Shrimp Salad. They took it back and brought out what we had ordered, but they just scraped off the Seafood Salad and put a scoop of the Shrimp Salad on the browned lettuce. Nobody checked back with us after they served our food for the second time. I will not be going back after two times of mediocre food.

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I'm not a fish eater but I'm here on business and when in Rome...

This was the best fried fish that I have ever eaten. I ordered the 5 piece and wished I would have ordered the larger.

Great stuff. Check it out.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

After a few hours of "shrimpin"( check out "Lady Jane" Brunswick ) what better thing to do but sit down to a wonderful seafood experience right on the dock. This restaurant sits right on the water overlooking the salt marshes and St. Simons Sound. It doesn't get much better than this, and when you can get great drinks and fresh seafood, this is where you want to be.
The shrimp dinners from fried to grilled, to sauted were the best. And I can not ignore the fried onion rings, wow!!! The batter used on the fried foods is as should be light and airy not greasy and heavy. It is wonderful. The fried fish falls right into this category also. Everything was just great and this was a wonderful experience for all including the " little ones". There is a lot to keep them interested be it inside or out on the eating deck.

1  Thank alkamara
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We were there on the windiest day ever. The food was great shrimp, fish and scallops, fried. My wife had shrimp and scallops with pasta blackened. We both were well pleased. Good food great portions. If it were not for the smokers constantly going out to the deck, and the high wind blowing in, the visit would have been excellent.

1  Thank radams1955