New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Motel 6 Brunswick South
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

After traveling all day and checking in, the clerk at the desk was very welcoming. When she began to tell me to immediately turn on the air in the room right upon entering, I was worried. She explained that it may take 1-2 hours to cool down. The temp outside that day reached over 95 and felt over 100 with heat index. She said they didn't keep the air
running.Really???? When expecting a guest, wouldn't you expect to find your room ready in that sense? Needless to say, I was upset to find a smoltering HOT room that I could barely stand to be in. My two kids have asthma and could hardly stand the stuffiness. We sweated through bedtime preparations and remained hot most all night. In the morning at breakfast, the attendant stayed busy cleaning and putting food out. My only complaint was the small area for breakfast. It was hot there too, and a small floor fan was set up on a chair as it ran in the eating area. I have never had any problems at previous Microtels, and thought this one would be a good choice for my family and me. However, the inside environment was cheap looking, but clean, and the rooms didn't match others I have stayed at. I will not be staying at this location again and would advise others to stay elsewhere, even if it means paying a bit more. I felt the hotel was cheap and doing things to cut back and save.....at the expense of guests.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Central Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our family stayed here for one night; 2 adults, 2 children in a queen suite room. We actually had reservations at the Holiday Inn Express on St Simons (in town for a wedding) but cancelled when I learned we could get a room here for 1/2 the price.

The day shift woman was very helpful; showed us a room before we decided, etc. She also graciously allowed us to check in several hours early to dress for the wedding.

The room was clean, quiet and nicely furnished (no flat screen TV). Plenty of room for the 4 of us. Pull out sofa was already made up with sheets for the kids. Fridge was clean and cold for our perishables.

Evening shift was another story. Our room only had 3 pillows, so I sent my kids down to get another. They were told no pillows available in the whole hotel (place was not full). My daughter ended up sleeping with her head on a stack of linens. We were too exhausted to argue. I'm sure had the day shift woman dealt with it, the result would have been different.

Breakfast was basic but filling and allowed us to get on the road without planning a breakfast stop.

I would stay here again, especially to save $75.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
jit000, Manager at Motel 6 Brunswick South, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay. We are currently in the process of getting new televisions and bedding for our rooms, and I am glad that you were satisfied with the price you paid to stay at our hotel. We hope to see you soon during your next visit.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I think it was clean, hard to tell since the room was dated and worn. They have old, unused furniture stored at the end of my floor hallway, and in the stairways! I booked online at the last minute, will check other options in area, or keep driving, next time.

Room Tip: try a different motel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I apologize for the negative experience you had during your stay with us. We are currently in the process of renovating our rooms, and sometimes we need a place to temporarily place the furniture that is coming out or going into our rooms. However, this is not a permanent storage area and the furniture has already been moved from the hallway. We hope this will not prevent you from staying with us again in the future when you visit Brunswick. Thank you for your feedback.