“Excellent value for an overnight stay.”

Motel 6 Brunswick South
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Durham
“Excellent value for an overnight stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

Clean rooms, wi-fi access, laundry room, and decent free breakfast (waffles) for about 60 bucks - taxes included. Right off 95 with lots of cheap gas stations.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Payson, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

It had clean, comfortable and quite rooms. The hair dryer and waffle iron didn't work so we had cold cereal and had to get a hair dryer from the front desk. .

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have never been to a hotel that doesn't allow 4 people in a room with 2 queen size beds. However, the Microtel staff claimed there is a 2-person limit for each room and tried to charge me $5 for each "extra" person. They were very rude, made false accusations, and constantly interrupted me when I tried to speak. We reserved 4 rooms total and there was something wrong/broken in each room, including broken bathroom fan.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank kjpkjj
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

I would really like to thank the Microtel staff for having our reservation logged and our room was ready to go, checking in and out was a breeze! I didnt expect to be wowed with the frills, since I knew what type of room I was shopping around for; however, the room was clean and everything worked just fine. My family has already agreed that Microtel would become a place to stay for our future travels.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Kentville, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

here is absolutely no noise insulation whatsoever and the staff are unsympathetic. Had noisy neighbors and woman on duty was no help. Neighbor's conversation and TV sounded like they were in the room with me. Could hear neighbors urinating. Moldy bathroom. Midnight staff are zombie-like, bordering on rude.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jparmenter
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

From the reviews I read before my trip, I thought this would be an acceptable option, but I was very disappointed. The bedspread had several holes and when I pulled back the covers, a spider scurried for shelter - Yikes. The mattress was thin and mis-shapen. The AC worked, in that it was on high when I got to the room, but the control knob was broken, so I could not turn it down or off. It was so loud I had to put in earplugs to try to sleep. Ultimately with the earplugs, a sleeping pill, and some rum I was able to forget about the spider and fall asleep. The continental breakfast was very limited and unappetizing. I just grabbed some coffee and hit the road. For $50/night I expected better.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

First of all it was clean, no complaints. We got a standard room, it was small but for a two night stay and $40 a night I can't complain. The continental breakfast was not all that, it was just donuts, cereal, english muffins, toast and beverages. If you want a hardy breakfast check out the Waffle house. Its not your luxury hotel and the bed mattress is not the best but it wasnt too bad. I probably would stay again. Also its not far from the Casino.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple