“My first time at a Microtel Inn”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick North
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was totally impressed with the quietness and cleanliness of the room.

However I went there on recomondation of a Georgia Welcome center with a quote on
a 47.99 dollar special since this was a new hotel and they were trying to get people to
try it...OK..upon arriving these rooms were sold out..it was not stated that a limited
number of rooms existed...I smell bait and switch. I believe this was extremely unfair.
I would like to talk to someone about this..my number is 860-623-1900

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Travelinprincess1, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick North, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Our hotel is the busiest hotel in Brunswick. At your time of arrival, all coupon rooms were sold out. There are over 25 hotels in Brunswick, we will never force anyone into staying at our hotel. In the future, I highly recommend that you book a room in advance. Doing so will guarantee your rate and room type.

Heather Springfield

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Sometimes it's the little touches that make all the difference....like the clean-smelling sheets and evening treat of nachos and fresh cookies.
We so enjoyed our one overnight at the Microtel.
DW...24th-25th February

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rustydog7959

Thanks for your honest words: "like the clean-smelling sheets and evening treat of nachos". We truly try very hard to provide the best value in Brunswick.

Thanks a Million!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Don't believe their ads. Their brochure shows a rack rate of $99.95 which is crossed out and a $49.95 sticker applied. The rack rate shown on their web site for the night I stayed was actually $83.50 with an available discounted rate which I believe was $63.50. When I went to this hotel, I was told that no rooms were available the $49.95 rate, but they had upgraded rooms available for a AAA rate of $72.95. They would not honor the on-line rate of $63.50 as I was already at the hotel. They said that the upgraded room was larger and updated. As it turned out, all rooms are the same, and all are called Deluxe. They also stretch the truth in several claims:
- "Bedside Candy" are 2 hard candy mints
- "Free Peaches Every Morning" (shown with 2 fresh peaches) is actually a plastic container with a few canned peach slices offered with breakfast
- "Free 24 Dr 'Fresh Fruit' Citrus Bar is a glass water dispenser with some lemons and limes in the water
- The rooms are very outdated

When I complained to the manager the next morning, she apologized for the erroneous room description, but said there was nothing she culd do.

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy our hotel. In the future, I would recommend the Embassy Suites or Ritz Carlton to satisfy your needs.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

with a long day behind me, I was looking forward to my stay.
it was all I expected! and comfortable atmosphere in lobby in the a.m. over breakfast
and pretty good coffee!!
thanks Margie!!
on the way up from southern Florida this location is good..
I will be looking forward to needing to stop this way again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Happy Guest,

You are 100% Correct! Microtel by Wyndham is one of the best values in the travel world. We are very proud to be a part of Wyndham & to be one of the only 100% Non Smoking hotels in Brunswick, GA.

See You On Your Way Back!

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Florida. Very clean and nice place to stay. Staff was friendly as well. Breakfast was good.....eggs, sausage, waffles, french toast, cereal, muffins, etc. Overall, a great place to stop for the night!

1  Thank WVhikers

Dear Happy Guest,

You are 100% Correct! We are very proud to be a "Very Nice and Clean" hotel.

See You Next Time!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The room was terrific. It was clean, comfortable, roomy and decorated nicely. The staff seemed hurried. One worker stood next to me as I fixed my coffee in the morning because I guess she wanted to clean the area but she was right on top of me. The maid knocked on my door and woke me up which I wasn't very happy about after many hours of driving and many more ahead of me I needed all the sleep I could get. Then there was the door banging. From the time I got to my room until I went to sleep and then again in the morning all I heard were doors banging. It was quite obnoxious. If you can sle

Room Tip: Try a higher floor and not near the stairs or an ice machine or you won't get any sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay. Our breakfast attendant has been trained properly to allow all guests room to enjoy our 25 Item Hot Breakfast Buffet. Also, the housekeepers are now required to wait until keys are turned in at check out. Sorry about these issues during your stay. Next time do not book on any online websites. By simply calling the hotel directly, you will get a price match guarantee, earn Wyndham Rewards Points, and have a flexible cancellation policy. Be sure to enjoy our already popular Peaches every morning.

Hope to see you soon!