“Great Stay”

Super 8 Brunswick/South
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Like the reviews before me the front desk clerk Tauren was great made you feel like he enjoyed his job and enjoyed making sure ever thing was just right for you. Booked two nights one was free with points and paid for other he made sure that I could stay in the same room without moving, and when I came down for breakfast he already had all the paper work ready for second night , didn't make two trips to the office. Last morning there the owner was there told him how professional Tauren was . Now to the room couldn't ask for any better, clean and new furnishings . The pool was very clean , and the breakfast was good , you can make your own waffle . Have stayed here several times each time its gets better and better will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
jit000, Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

We at the Super 8 are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in making our guest happy in every way possible. We look forward in seeing you on your visit.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My stay was pleasant I had a wonderful time from check-in to check-out. The front desk clerk Taurean Ham was very nice and professional don't find many like that which made the stay even better. My room was very nice and the breakfast was great also. So I my next trip to Brunswick the Super 8 is where I will be staying because my stay was great. You guys receive a.......A+ from me

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
jit000, Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We the staff at Super 8 are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay!! We make it our goal to make all guest happy in every way possible, to the time of check-in to check-out. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I booked the room through American Airlines to not only get miles, but to have a place to stay for three for under $60. Nice location close to gas stations, food places, and I-95. The place had ants all over the walk places, parking lot outside, and around the pool. Our room specifically lacked an entire dresser. The TV was put on a square folding table. The fridge was not cold. The AC did work though. The front desk and continental breakfast area was the nicest place. However, there were no napkins. The dough stuck to the Belgium waffle maker. Overall, we needed a place to sleep and it worked. Nothing fancy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your response, we appreciate the gracious things you've said about the motel, and we do apoligize for your room being under reinovations. We making sure that these issues will not happen again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Terrible! Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
If you stay here, be sure to wear a bio-suit for protection!
If we had not been so tired from driving up from South West Florida, and in desperate need of sleep, we would have kept on going. The room was smelly, the carpet in dire need of cleaning and as for the bathroom? we didn't even use the shower because it was so filthy. The toilet handle fell off each time we flushed, and the toilet ran constantly. We killed 2 cockroaches! We slept fully clothed and checked out 4 hours later. We did go to the front desk and told the young girl on duty about the condition of the room, but she just smiled and shrugged her shoulders.
Should be re-named the "Not So Super 8"!
Bad! Very, very, bad!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank njhounds
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Vacation
With my family. I highly recommend this Super 8 Motel. It was a great location and the atmosphere was fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
jit000, Manager at Super 8 Brunswick/South, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

We do appreciate your review. We do strive to give everyone a pleasant stay. Thank you also for mentioning our friendly staff. They work hard to please the guests. We always welcome you to stay here with or without your family but would look forward in meeting them.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Bathroom DIRTY, Breakfast Items were slack and usually out. No Ice. Bugs in room had to call for spray. No towels. Never Again. It was HORRIBLE. My 4 year old complained and she loves hotel stays!! Clerks were rude and unprofessional and one cleaning guy kept offering my daughter toys and candy to go off with him right in front of my face!!! I had no problem handling this situation myself!!!! Do Not Stay here, even if it is free!!! All 3 hotels side by side on this exit are under same management. .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brandy R
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Overall the impression was that the motel was pretty run down and shabby. The beds were extremely hard, which hurt my back. There was a continental breakfast, but it was very minimal.
Other than that, the room was OK.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple