“Fantastic food, atmosphere, staff”
Review of Toucans Ale House

Toucans Ale House
Ranked #12 of 196 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ontario, Canada
“Fantastic food, atmosphere, staff”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This bar/restaurant was an enjoyable stop after a day on the road. Firstly, the food....we ordered the "saturday special"..I had "steak New Orleans", my husband had "smothered chicken". They were both cooked exactly as ordered, and were tasty beyond our expectations. The staff were friendly and efficient. It appeared that local families frequented the restaurant which gave it a nice comfortable feeling. The drinks were $2. each which totally amazed me. There is also an outside eating area. I will definitely return to Toucans on our next trip through Brunswick,GA.

• Visited April 2013

Lake Park, Georgia
“So So atmosphere”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

if you want atmosphere, its not here. But the fish sandwich is good and they have $2 drink specials all day.

Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Traveler”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were disgusted after eating there. The service was slow, there was not many people in the resturant. The food was gross and the beer was warm. The tables were dirty your elbows stuck to them. Kinda ruined our trip through the area as we did not feel well the next day.

Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meet the Locals”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Sat at the bar as my husband needs a higher chair. Although I also noticed later that they had high tops. We were surprised to see so many young working locals there instead of travelers. So it was fun to talk with them about the area. There is outside dining but the smokers go there.

Visited April 2013
Plymouth, NC
“Awesome Fried Pickles!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This restaurant was across the street from our motel so we decided to try it. After checking the menu on the internet, we decided that the fried pickles was the deciding factor in our choice. Our server was very friendly. We were waited on quickly and got our food in good time. We ordered an appetizer of fried pickles and asked for ranch instead of the horseradish ranch dressing. They were wonderful! Not greasy and battered just right. We both ordered the Build Your Own Burger and got chili, cheese and bacon on them. We could have easily split one. The only thing that I wasn't expecting was that the chili on it was chili with beans, not the meat chili I am used to on burgers. Everything was good. I ordered the onion rings. They were battered pretty thickly and tasted more like the ones I make at home. They were good but I was so full after the pickles and burger than I couldn't eat them all. They do have daily specials advertised that sounded good and there are drink specials. We would have had a drink but we were driving, so we passed on that. We would eat there again if we were in the area.

Visited March 2013