“Friendly atmosphere, good server, fresh beer!”
Review of Toucans Ale House

Toucans Ale House
Ranked #13 of 200 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2012

In an era of portion controlled food being the norm, Toucan's Ale house is a breath of fresh air. I was drawn by the promise of more than the standard few draft beers, and at least a good selection of pub fare. We were surprised to find a fairly competent cook, quite imaginative, and an actual beer list!

I tried the Hoptical Illusion IPA, ( quite good), and a standard burger. Not a GREAT burger, but not a bad one either.

Wife had beer battered cod (fish and chips) which she said was tasty, albeit a bit greasy. I tried it, and it lacked any fishy taste, and was quite good.

Overall, somewhere I'll definitely go again. I really want to try the Sam Adams/ rib combo.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Toucans always looked busy so we thought it must have good food. Big Mistake! I ordered a 14 oz prime rib; if it was 8 oz it’s a stretch. The prime rib was cold and poorly seasoned. The au jus was tepid and tasteless. My sons rib dinner was anything but falling off the bone. The meat had to be gnawed off. My fathers well done hamburger was raw in the center. My mother’s onion soup was a salt lick. Good beer and fries and good service.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Hard to choose, everything is just so good and the music is awesome! they have great staff, lots of parking and adequate lighting in the parking lots and in walking distance to nearby hotels.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The overall appearance of the restaurant looks so good, but the food was not was I was hoping for. I got the beer battered shrimp. The shrimp tasted awful. I could hardly eat them. They piled the shrimp on top of my fries which were so greasy I could not eat them either. My husband got the stuffed Flounder, but it wasn’t even Flounder it tasted and looked like Tilapia, the trash fish of the ocean. The stuffing in it was suppose to be a crab meat stuffing but was just bread crumbs. We will never eat there again. The only good thing was the complementary homemade chips.