“great place”

Ranked #24 of 209 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: New restaurant (formerly on Jekyll Island, GA) Clean, very good food and very good value.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Friends, family, and I frequent Zachary's. The atmosphere is perfect. Sit inside with big open spaces or out back in the breeze with live music. Two bars typically running on the weekends. DJ has a work ethic like no other. You may find him bartending, seating, or in the kitchen, but whatever it is that day, he is busting his tail and making sure his customers are taken care of. The food quality or service may occasionally slip a little but it's rare in my experience. We all have off days and we are all human. They also get slammed by bus loads of people but the staff takes it in stride. Great group of people doing what they love.

1  Thank RP119

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Really liked the atmosphere of the restaurant-smart casual, open, clean and tasteful. It took several minutes before the hostess found her way to us in a not very busy time of day. Service was good, but slow-the waitress seemed to have several tables spread at opposite ends of the dining area. Our food was good-the seafood was local and freshly prepared but the steaks were mediocre and the quality wasn't what I expected for the price. We each had dessert as well and while mine was good, my son's pie was still frozen when it was brought out!? I wish that there had been a wider selection of non fried seafood items

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were staying on Jekyll and wanted to use our "free pass" off the island to eat at a local seafood restraunt. The hotel unhesitatingly reccomended Zachry's. We were a little early for dinner and late for lunch... The food was average as was the service. I noticed that they were putting cloth table cloths on the tables as we were leaving and it seemed that the restaurant was transforming... thus my feelings that we didn't see them at their best? It's hard to find and can't really envision stopping in on the way to FL but might be a worth a second try if in the area for a dinner. TIP DO NOT order water. It's straight out of the tap and TERRIBLE!!!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Neither the service nor the food lived up to previous visits there. When the wait staff did not attend to us properly not to even question why I left more than half my food on the plate we left dissatisfied. I decided to call the management when I returned home and was told everything I said was NOT true. We have not and probably will not EVER return. We had been frequent diners for years when they were on Jekyll and really like the new venue decor and ambiance.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Close proximity to the hotel I stayed at, so I decided to eat there. The seafood was excellent. Nice bar atmosphere also. Not much more I can say.

2  Thank jsmith24117