“Delicious Southern Charm”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chef/Owner is former Chef/Owner of Cargo Portside in Brunswick
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just a hop-skip from Jekyll Island and St. Simons, we stopped in for lunch during tropical storm Andrea, and this place made the rainy blues go away. I had the pimento cheese burger with sweet potato fries; my wife had the fisherman's bowl followed by chocolate bread pudding. Delicious. That was one fantastic cheeseburger, and the fries were to die for. My wife really enjoyed her meal. Our waitress was so nice, displaying that heart-melting southern charm that makes you feel like you're someone more special than you really are (and it always feels good). The bathroom was clean and decorated nicely. I'd like to suggest to the owner that they put a little awning over the entrance. When it rains the water from the roof pours on your head when going through the door. Overall, an excellent restaurant. Yummy!

There are newer reviews for Indigo Coastal Shanty

Reviewed June 6, 2013

After reading the reviews I went to eat to this place and it was really nice! I got Plantain Chips, very crispy and with a nice avocado cream mmmmm yummy and Bahamian Chicken which was really good but a bit too sweet for me. The staff was really friendly and the atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. I'll be going soon again =)

Reviewed June 3, 2013

On our return trip to Florida from Charleston, we stopped for lunch. You never know what a great place this is from the first blush, it is a shanty. But from the moment you sit down you know you are in for something special. The menu, brilliant salads and soup to the signature meatloaf just excellent the service is stellar in or outdoor. Magnificent tree shade the sun out of doors on there porch.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

It's been one year since I had my first "Indigo" experience, and I am still in love with this place. The blackboard specials always exceed my expectations, and the level of service from Kate and co. cannot be matched. The artichoke dip is life changing, and the oven roasted chile relleno is the best stuffed poblano pepper you have every come across. They have the best food, atmosphere, and service that Brunswick has to offer!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very creative and satisfying with a down home style. Consistently good especially at dinner which is only served Thursday through Saturday.