“Great place to meet dear friends”

Indigo Coastal Shanty
Ranked #1 of 193 Restaurants in Brunswick
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chef/Owner is former Chef/Owner of Cargo Portside in Brunswick
Savannah. GA
“Great place to meet dear friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

This restaurant is about 80 miles from our home and we chose it to meet old friends we haven't seen for years. After reading the reviews, I was intrigued to try this place out. As we drove up to it, my concerns rose since it is not attractive from the outside. As we got closer we caught the delicious smells of good food. Once inside the service, options and overall quality of the place charmed us all completely. As a chef for nearly forty year`s, I am not easily pleased, but these folks deserve all of the praise they have justly received. If you are any where near, you will want to try this one out. It is simply very, very good.

• Visited May 2013

Brunswick, Georgia, United States
“Awesome food, cool atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I went there with a group from work for lunch today. First time ever eating there, but I'd been by it several times and thought "What an interesting place, I should eat there".

The staff is really friendly and they hustle. The don't act put out to be waiting on you.

Food was really good, I had the pork special which was some sort of Venezuelan dish with black beans and rice. Not something I would normally order but figured I'd try it and it was well worth it.

Seating is limited so go early, around 12:00 it was really packed, glad I got there around 11:30.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Wonderful place for lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine is a local and recommended this place for lunch. I couldn't have been happier with it. We opted to sit outside under a tree. It was a nice sunny day and there was a lovely breeze. Our waitress was prompt and very friendly. We ordered the nachos as an appetizer and they were DELICIOUS. They had pineapple and jerk chicken which I thought was odd at firt but it tasted SO good! I ordered the Bombay Chicken Salad on flatbread and it was really really good. The flatbread itself was yummy. The mango chutney on top of it all really completed it. My friend ordered the Raj burger and it looked so juicy. He said it was excellent. I definitely will be back here!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Indigo Shanty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Be Prepared to wait, but it worth it. Great lunches as well, enjoyed the nachos. Have had several different dishes and have not been disappointed in any.

• Visited April 2013
“Don't let the street side appearance fool you...great food and service awaits!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

You need to eat here! Pulled into Brunswick GA on our way to Florida for family vacation and needed to find a place for dinner. My wife popped on TA to look for a local place and we decided on Indigo Coastal Shanty. When we pulled up we were a little skeptical because of the frankly "dumpy" outside appearance but were we wrong! Service was top notch from the time we walked in, made us feel like we were eating at a friend's house. The food was all fresh, local ingredients with a touch of "love" by the cook. Got 3 great courses and a bottle of wine for reasonable price. Definitely on our return list when back in area!