“Nice Stay, Friendly Staff, Would Stay Again”

Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Made an overnight stop while traveling and the Comfort Suites lived up to its #4 TripAdvisor ranking. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean, fresh, and a good size. Very convenient off I-95. They do provide a nice breakfast each morning which includes hot items. They weren't overly busy the night we stayed but a little surprised they ran out / did not fill quickly, their eggs. However, can't complain about a free breakfast and they had plenty of all the other items. Online rates are great, especially with AAA or AARP/Senior Discount. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

It is great to hear from you and I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff courtesy and have taken the time to recognize the hospitality and care that we aim to provide for each and every guest. It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality and cleanliness of our guest rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in the area.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were very pleased with this Choice Hotel property. Nice people at the front desk and a clean comfortable room. Breakfast was the usual Comfort Inn fare, so that got us off to a good start.
We enjoyed driving around Brunswick and St. Simon, which is just beautiful and driving over the Sidney Lanier Bridge. Worth staying here.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the other hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank styx-stones

I am glad that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and our service to be welcoming. We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I can't believe this place is only rated 2.5 stars on most booking sites. The team at this place are outstanding and I think truelly care about your stay with them. Kudos to comfort suites golden isles!!! great job!!! the room was extremely clean, even the free breakfast was better than most!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think a bad room in the place
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tima505
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We arrived here after a long drive so I was tired. The gal at the front desk was very helpful and pleasant, so while I might have been grumpy from the drive, she made me smile.
The hotel seemed empty when we arrived and I even had the pool to myself. A nice pool with a hot-tub and a good place to let the miles of the day rinse off.
But empty it was not. A bus full of older folks on a tour arrived about dinner time. Apparently this hotel was their home base and they had been off to St Simons and various islands up and down the coast--and then returning to the hotel.
These folks were generally quiet, and so of no bother--until breakfast when they were all in the dining room area at once. I imagine this kind of tour is popular in the late spring and summer.
I will say they all left at once, so we found that we could let them hurry and then they were out of our way.
One other distraction--the room/suite is VERY DARK at night, and it is an veritable obstacle course to find the bathroom--so we have vowed to travel with a plug in nightlight from now on.

Room Tip: We had room 202--it had a view of the inside of the portico. Our room was directly above the front d...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Hello EnglewoodDane: First let me say, thank you for staying with us and I am pleased to hear that your stay was a good one. We do have Senior tours that book with us all year long and are quite a great bunch of senior's. They are relatively quiet with the exception of breakfast. They are on a strict schedule to eat and get on the bus, so I want to say thank you for letting them hustle and bustle to get breakfast and reload on the bus. You were smart, and then were able to have a quiet breakfast also. Again, thank you for understanding and for your patience. As far as the lighting, I do apologize. The bulbs we use are the energy efficient bulbs, they brighten up after a few minutes. I have passed this information on to higher management. I would like to invite you to come back and stay with us again when traveling down this way. Also, if family and friends will be traveling this way, please refer them to us. We would love to have them. Again, thank you for your review and most of all for staying with us.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We travel from N. C. to Fort Lauderdale a couple of times a year. This hotel is a good 1/2 way stop. The hotel is well kept, staff friendly, and has restaurants nearby. Our requests for specific room location are always accomodated. We did have very noisy neighbors during one stay. However hotel personel quieted things down before we could complain!

• Stayed: April 2014

Hello Dorothy M: First let me say thank you for staying with us, we really appreciate your business and your review. We are pleased that your stay was everything you wanted it to be, along with the restaurants in the surrounding area. As far as the noise level, I do apologize and I was glad to hear that our front desk staff was able to control it for you. If you are traveling down this way again, we invite you to come back and stay with us again. Also, please pass the word to friends and family regarding our hotel. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 27, 2014

For the price and the ability to fit 5 guests you can't beat this hotel...I would like if the indoor pool was cooler than 80 degrees but other than that this was a nice stay. The continental breakfast is nice with 3 kids and save money

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Hello djwoo1971:

Thank you for staying with us May 2014. We were glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the pool, we have lowered the temperature and apologize that it was a little to warm for you and your family. Here at Comfort Suites, we rely on our guests feed back to correct anything that is wrong. We are glad to hear the breakfast was to your family's liking. We would like to invite you and your family back to stay with us again soon. If any of your family or friends will be traveling down this way over the summer months, please tell them about us. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed here to explore St. Simons and Jekyll Island. Hotel is just off I-95 and is convenient to both islands. This hotel is clean and moderately priced, which in itself would make me stay here again but what really impressed us was Cheryl!
Cheryl knows how to take care of her guests and inspire loyalty. When we told her the nature of our trip she quickly recommended places we might find sea glass, restaurants and other local information. When we decided to extend our stay Cheryl even gave us a better rate on our room. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Hello Jeanie P: First let me say it was our pleasure to have the two of you stay here at the hotel. I am so please that it was more than you expected. As far as Cheryl, she is this way all day and everyday. We would love to see you both come back again and stay with us. I will be sure to let Cheryl know that you were exceptionally pleased with her loyalty and dedication to her job and to her guests as well. Again, thank you and please come and stay with us again.

Coordially,