“Great hotel - excellent value”

Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Caledon
“Great hotel - excellent value”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Cheryl on the front desk is a jewel !
Choice Hotels (once again) had not forwarded our Special Request from our internet booking (Quiet top floor room away from elevator).
Cheryl was able to juggle and move bookings around to accomodate us - subsequently we stayed there twice on our trip to and from Florida.
I also overheard Cheryl dealing with phone and front desk travellers - she is incredibly patient and strives to accomodate everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jerry D
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hi JayDeefromBramalea,

Thanks for giving us a review and I will certainly thank Cheryl for helping fix the problem you had from your reservation. I'm very sorry, however, about the issue with the reservation and your special request not being forwarded to us. But I am glad Cheryl was able to accommodate you.

I hope you will stay with us again on your future trips!

Mark, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel on our way down i95; this is one of the few hotels that accommodates 5 people without a first-come first-serve cot like a lot of other hotels. I just wish the room had sheets and blankets ON the pull-out sofa or in the closet when we arrived. The desk staff were very helpful in rectifying this. We'd definitely stay here again. Kind of annoying to have to deal with at midnight.

Stayed February 2014
Hi OneOfSixInMD,

Well thank you for staying with us and I'm really glad we were able to accommodate all of your travelers. We cannot put the sheets on the bed but there should have been linens in the closet for you so I will certainly look into that with the housekeeping team.

I hope you will stay with us on your next trip!

Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This was our first time at this hotel. Our room was clean and fresh. There was adequate space for two people. The breakfast area was adequate, but not overly large. The front desk area is large and spacious and gives you a good first impression. The staff were both friendly and helpful. This hotel is off the highway in a complex with other hotels. The area is both quiet and feels safe. We will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Mindy and Roger A,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review online! I really do hope you stay with us again, and tell your family and friends if they might be traveling our way.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Although situated in a good location near I95, the hotel room was rather small. Bed was comfortable and there was a good use of the limited space. The breakfast did not measure up to the usual standard. No cream for coffee, toaster not working very well, several people had issues with the waffle unit and the overall display of the food was not up to par. Would not return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi db1227,

I am very sorry that you did not have a great experience at my hotel! I take personal responsibility for this and sincerely apologize!

hellertown
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stopped at this hotel on our way home from Florida and after a day of driving. We checked with the hotel clerk, Tamisha, and were delighted that she gave us a room that we requested, at a price lower than we requested and with a welcoming attitude and smile! The room was recently renovated and the stay included a freshly baked cookie at night and a hot breakfast in the morning..

Room Tip: We requested the top floor away from the elevator, ice machine or any noise and received it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kate040
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hello Kate040: First let me say thank you for staying with us at Comfort Suites, Golden Isles Gateway. We are pleased that you were greeted by our front desk agent, Tamisha and that it was a pleasant welcome. We strive for the best customer service throughout the hotel. I will be sure to let her know that you were very pleased with the service, rate, room and breakfast. Please come and stay with us again and for also posting your views on our hotel.

Cheryl Prosser
Winthrop, Maine
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were thrilled to find this place on our trip South. It is always a challenge to find a "real" handicap room with a shower that really accommodates me. This was it. Spacious suite. I was disappointed however when I turned back the bed and saw that the bed skirt had a huge rip over 2 feet long. I mentioned it to the person at the front desk actually. Seems like someone knew it had been like that for some time, but did nothing about it, sad.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello AnnieD39: First let me say thank you for staying with us at Comfort Suites, Golden Isles Gateway. I am very sorry to hear that there was a problem with your room, and we thank our guests for letting us know when there is a problem such as this, and I apologize to you. I am glad to hear that your were satisfied with your room other than the bed skirt. The problem has been addressed and it has been removed. Again, I am sorry that you had to be subjected to this minor mishap. Please come and stay with us again.

Cheryl Prosser
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had to stay at comfort suites for nine days until we were able to find a condo to live in while my house was being repaired. A 60 ft tree unfortunately fell on my house causing major damage that put us out of our home for quite a while. The staff was great especially Cheryl , tameasha, Velma and all the ladies at the front desk. There was one guy on the evening shift that was very helpful. Every evening we walked in to "welcome home " and how is everything going with your house. The care and concern made it a great stay. I have no complaints at all. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed January 2014
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thanks, Justblessed1, for reviewing us. I'm sorry you had to stay with us because of the tree but I am really happy you were able to feel that this was your home away from home. That is something we try to do with all of our guests.

I will certainly let Cheryl, Tamisha, and Velma know you appreciated them!

Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway