“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way back from a week at Disney World. The front desk clerk could not have been nicer and engaged in conversation with us and seemed to enjoy her job. There are 5 of us in our family and finding a hotel room/suite that is an affordable price can be a challenge at times. This room was clean and roomy and the price was even better. I would stay here again no question at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I chose the Comfort Suites based off the reviews and I was impressed! The hotel seems relatively new and the rooms were large and very clean. We had a king size bed and a small couch and TV. The wireless worked well and it was close to St. Simon's Island which was our point of interest. If I'm ever driving by I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kungfoodie
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Hi kungfoodie,

I'm really glad you looked online and stayed at our hotel! We do try really hard to have a hotel that you are impressed would want to stay at again and again.
Based on your username I'm guessing you like food so come stay with us again and make sure you have time to try some of our local restaurants! St. Simons and the rest of the Golden Isles has a lot of really great places to eat. Just ask us at the front desk and we can give you some recommendations...we like food, too!
So from the team at the Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway, THANK YOU for staying with us and writing a review for us!
Thanks Again,
Mark Daniel O'Quinn, GM
Weeki Wachee, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2013

After checking out of a Quality Inn in Darien, GA because of unacceptable conditions, drove further south on I95 to Comfort Suites. NIGHT AND DAY. Staff was awesome, room was very lare and immaculate. Free breakfast was one of the best we have experienced. Would return again in a heartbeat !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GMEagles
Hi GMEagles,

Thanks for staying with us at the Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway and writing a review!
Personally, I want to say I'm very sorry you had a bad experience at one of our cousin properties. We are, however, really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!
I'm very glad we meet your expectations and the team was awesome; it's always good to be awesome!
After having breakfast with us, I hope the rest of your trip was great. Please come back and stay with us again the next time you're passing through!

Mark Daniel O'Quinn, GM
New York
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Short overnight just before to go to Fl. Place is just off I-95. Check-in was short and sweet. Rooms were large and can sleep up to 5 people. Breakfast was hot w/egg, waffles, cereals, and more. Wifi for me was strong and fast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recieved a groupon deal for this and I wasn't too sure how far this was located to St. Simons Island (which was only ten mins)...I called and spoke to Cheryl she had excellent customer service skills helped me all the way through booking. Gave me many ideas on the sightseeing and activites to do. All the staff there were very friendly however we did have just one complaint of noise but that was resolved within minutes as soon as we told the front desk. The enviroment is very clean rooms are spotless and very spacious. I would like to give a shout out to Cheryl she really did make my stay perfect. I live in South Carolina (5 hours away) and this was just a weekend getaway which turned out super!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shahshiv
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I got a groupon for two nights at this hotel. It worked out to about $50 a night. For that price, we got a clean, quiet, large suite that was a 15 minute drive from the Golden Isles. Excellent!

The breakfast was decent for a free breakfast - not a huge variety, but this is the CS, not the Hilton. Everything was replenished regularly.

All of the employees we encountered were helpful and pleasant.

We didn't use the pool (too many kids), but it looked clean.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cashiers, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Convenient location, clean hotel and friendly staff . Breakfast , pool and fitness center we're disappointing. Food was overlooked and they ran out. The plastic utensils were so cheap you couldn't spread butter. Half of the equipment in the fitness center was broken. staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business