Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$84
Courtyard Brunswick(Brunswick)
$169
$154
Travelocity
All reviewsother hotelsfree breakfastfront desk staffwafflesgolden islesmillhouse restaurantindoor poolnice staynext morningwould stay here againjekyll islandstaff was very friendlygreat stopthe breakfast areaholiday inncherylrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here on the way to Florida mainly due to price which was significantly less than the nearby hotels. The front desk staff was outstanding. Our room was good and apparently had recently been renovated. We had delivery service for dinner from the Millhouse Restaurant in the next door Holiday Inn. It was delivered in 15 minutes. The dinner was good and we were glad not to have to go out after traveling all day. The breakfast was very average. We were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lizbill
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Hi lizbill,
We’re glad you picked us to say with on your recent trip. I’m glad you liked the hotel and the convenience of the surrounding area. The Millhouse is really good and we’re always telling people to have food delivered when they are busy because sometimes the wait time will be over an hour…even on some days during the week.

Hope you can stay with us again on your next trip!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although the hotel is just off of I-95, you wouldn't know it. The area (a complex with 4 or so other hotels) was quiet and attractive, with lots of trees. We had a room with a king & sofa bed which was comfortable and a reasonable price. The staff were terrific, especially Brenda, the night desk clerk who was a hoot to talk with and offered good suggestions of places to eat and always asked about our day. Breakfast was the usual buffet but just fine.

Note: there are at least 3 other Comfort Inns in the Brunswick area and we at first went to another one at a different I-95 exit which is bascially a truck stop. We were staying for 4 nights and I couldn't imagine staying at that inn for more than 1 night. We finally got to the correct Comfort Inn (exit 38) and it was like night and day. This is a good spot for seeing the Golden Isles area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi HoldenKathy,
Thanks for staying with us on your recent trip. We agree that we’re in a nice little cozy area with a nice atmosphere because of the trees and landscaping of the whole little community. It’s not as industrial feeling as you sometimes find.

We will certainly let Brenda know you enjoyed talking to her…she really is great! She really knows the area and where all the good places to eat are…especially if you’re like seafood!

And yes it is a little confusing because there are two Comfort Suites, which we are one of. We are at exit 38 and there’s another one at exit 29. In the middle of those two exits there is a Comfort Inn. It is a little confusing – especially since the names are the same or similar. And our exit is the main exit for Brunswick and the Golden Isles.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you can come back!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The room was not bad if you don't mind dust. The breakfast was only average. The breakfast area was very disappointing small and crowded. The breakfast was average because there is no room.We stopped on a Saturday night half the people had reservations half didn't, the person at the desk was very efficent just not friendly. As busy as they were in the desk persons defense they needed two people . We will try some place else on our return trip.I will say it is quiet and comfortable. If you want a good nights sleep this is a good choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi softballfan17,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I’m really sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. The experience you had certainly is not the norm but I will take this constructive feedback and discuss it with my team so we can get better because one unhappy guest is one too many!
I have sent you a personal email via the TripAdvisor site because I would love to know exactly what date you checked in so I can see who checked you in so I can speak with them because it is not acceptable that they were not friendly even though they were efficient. I do apologize for this.
I’m sorry you will not be staying with us again. I do hope you can find a place that is acceptable and comfortable. Traveling can occasionally be stressful so you need to be able to have a nice peaceful nights rest. However, we would love it if you would give us another try! I hope you decide to try us again.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

What a bargain! Low cost, exceptionally clean, great location, friendly staff. I would highly recommend staying here if at all possible. Easy to get to, quiet. Another example of being able to count on Comfort Suites for best in quality.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was actually the second stay at this hotel. I was working at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Facility for several days in January. On the second trip we were heading to FL to visit grandkids on spring break. In January, I picked this hotel 1) because we prefer Comfort Suites when we travel and 2) location. When we travel, we don't expect a five star hotel, we want a quality hotel at a good value. We will probably stay here each time we travel tfrom VA to visit family in Tampa. We stayed here again in March because we really liked the appearance of the hotel and the courtesy and friendliness of the staff. You may not get Tamisha when you check in, but we did on both stays. She even remembered us from January. She is just a great person to greet you when you arrive so I hope you do. I've never written a review about a person but I think Tamisha deserves special mention. There is also the fact that this hotel is about three traffic lights for everything from Home Depot to all types of restaurants. If you stay more than one night you might want to get directions to some really great seafood on an island nearby. I can't remember the name but it may be St. Simons; locals who like good local food (as in not a chain) will know

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family