“Wonderful except for a couple of things”

Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Gaylord, Michigan
“Wonderful except for a couple of things”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Beautiful motel. Looks like it's been renovated with very nice furnishings. Motel is in a "courtyard" type of area with a couple of other nice motels. Very quiet. Friendly service, quiet, very clean and our king room w/sitting area was very large and furnished nicely with a large flat screen, fridge, couch, micro., and nice desk and chair for computer. The hallways look very luxurious too. Just a couple of things that would have made it better. The blanket on the bed just had a sheet that barely made it to the head of the blanket, only about an inch over the blanket so you basically had to sleep without that sheet. Nowadays it's more the norm to have a sheet on both the top and bottom of the blanket and our Sleep Inn we were at the night before had a nice, feather comforter instead of the blanket. The sheet under the blanket was so thin that I could actually hold it up and watch TV through it!! Also the bathroom shower mat was very raggedy and they could use a more-modern shower head that had more pressure. But other than that the bathroom was very large with granite and a slate floor and lots of counter space.
The whole room could have used a good dusting but otherwise was very clean.
The breakfast was good but it was hard to access much of the food as they had it in a corner, which is where the toaster was situated. You had to wait until people were done toasting to get to the cereal etc.
Overall very nice, clean, large and nicely decorated. But because of the beddings we may try one of the places across the parking lot on our way through next year, even though we are Priority Club members.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank northernite
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Hi Northernite,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, I really appreciate it.

We are glad you liked the way our hotel looks. We are a new hotel, new construction, and are currently 2 years old. We're also glad you liked the friendly service.

I will talk to housekeeping to see if we can make the beds a little differently so the sheet will come up more. We tuck the sheets under the foot of the bed and might be tucking too much of the sheet under.

I will also have maintenance check the shower heads to make sure they have the correct amount of pressure. I know how much I hate to have a shower head that isn't very forceful.
Soon I'm hoping to be able to rework the breakfast so the layout doesn't seem so congested.

Hope you change your mind and try us again! I'm sorry you didn't like everything about my hotel. We will work on it because we want all our guests to have the best experience possible because we want to be your home away from home while you are traveling!

Thanks,
Mark, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Everything about this hotel is excellent. The lobby, the rooms and even the breakfast was wonderful. I wish I had been able to stay longer than one night. The location is right off the interstate and very easy to get to.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Judy H
Hi Gimmaster,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, we really appreciate your review and your business!
I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel...maybe next time you will be able to stay a little longer; we'd love to have you!
Hope to see you again.
Thanks,
Mark, GM
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed on Christmas Eve, and really enjoyed the stay. We didn't get to check in until 11pm, and received a warm welcome from the front desk staff wearing a santa hat. Obviously the housekeeping staff is superb, the room was immaculate. The beds were amazing.

Sorry, I wish I could find something negative to say. I will try to find something next time, because there is nowhere else I will stay while in the area.

Room Tip: Not sure that you can find a bad one????
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Well Bryan F, we are so glad that you couldn't find something negative to say. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome any time you are in the area. Thank you very much from Velma Meredith, Guest Relations Manager.
Virginia
Reviewed January 5, 2012

On our way to see friends in Oveido, Florida, my familiy and I stayed over night at the Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway on 2/26/11. I-95 was a parking lot coming from Virginia and what should have only taken us 9 hours to get here took 11!

Brenda greeted us at the registration desk with a warm smile that was desperately needed after a very exhausting drive. She immediately knew that we had endured a difficult drive as many other guests had explained to her the challenges of the day. Without hesitation, she pulled up our reservations, gave us our keys, and instructed us on the directions to the room and breakfast in the morning.

We made our way to the room and were amazed at how modern it looked and how similar it was to another hotel we've frequented in NJ (another hotel chain). The room was clean and the bathroom very nice. We had 2 queen beds so our daugther loved having so much bed to herself. These mattresses were extremely comfortable and the pillows very plush, so we were envious when we left the hotel and had to revert back to our flat old pillows.

The breakfast was a buffet of light and heavy foods (cereal, bagels, donuts, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon) and was fairly fresh and plentiful, although by the time we got downstairs there wasn't much left. Oh, and on the way down to the breakfast we were greeted by housekeeping with a smile, and the food preparer smiled as well. The only thing I can suggest is that the chaffing dishes be kept a little hotter so the bacon and eggs stay nice and hot (they were luke warm).

So, if you happen to pass through Savannah heading south on I-95 and just can't make it any further that day, just scoot a little further south to Brunswick and skip the other 3 hotels in that square and head straight to the Comfort Suites. It's worth it!

Room Tip: There is absolutely NO ROAD NOISE at this hotel, so every room is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your 5 star review. We are so glad that you feel it is worth the extra mile to stay with us. We look forward to your return on your next trip down south. The pillows are plump and ready. Thank you from Velma Meredith the Guest Relations Manager.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This is the best Comfort Suites I ever stayed in, everything was awesome! The staff, especially Brenda did an amazing job of making me welcome. Her warm smile made my day!! I look forward staying here again!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
CS-Golden_Isles-GM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway Brunswick, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thank you, Rick, for your review! We really appreciate you taking the time and we’re so glad we’re living up to our end of the deal…providing great service. And I will certainly let Brenda know she’s doing a great job…she’s really a good team member.
Kingsland, Georgia
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Me and my family had a wonderful stay at this hotel, the rooms are great and the staff is top of the line, the front desk clerk Mrs. Edna Clark was the best she was very helpful in many ways she was real nice with my kids even though they were being kids. housekeeping was top of the line also, the .head of housekeeping mrs. Tiffany was also the best, my overall experenice at the vhotel was great i would recommend this hotel to president. The next time i'm in town this is were i will be staying!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hi Warrick, Thanks for the review! I’m so glad you and your kids enjoyed your stay. I will let Tiffany and Edna know they’re doing a great job, and thanks for recommending our hotel! I’m sure the president would love it.  Hope you can come back and stay with us again!
Rincon, Georgia
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel almost 4 months straight. The staff is incredibly accommodating and courteous. The hotel is clean and quiet. The rooms are comfortable and housekeeping does a wonderful job. The only complaint is some of the equipment in the fitness room was down. The positives of this hotel definitely have made my stay away from home easier.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thanks, Carrie H., for taking the time to give us a review. We’re so glad we could be a little home away from home for you while you were here on business! I hope you can tell your colleagues about us and come back again if you’re in the area, we love having you!