“Horrible”

Emerald Princess II Casino
Ranked #7 of 32 things to do in Brunswick
More attraction details
Owner description: Your fun begins on The Emerald Princess II Casino the minute you set foot aboard the ship.You'll be greeted by our Cruise Director who will assist you throughout the cruise.Once aboard, you will enjoy a light meal in our Bistro. Our fully stocked bar and "experienced" bartenders will wet your whistle throughout your ride with us.Once in international waters, we open our two casino levels for your gaming pleasure. Step inside and let the fun begin! Enjoy the excitement of playing Slots, Blackjack, Poker, Roulette, and Craps. Our friendly dealers and hosts will make you feel right at home, so park yourself and play away! As if that isn't enough fun, our Cruise Director is on board to organize additional activities and help make your cruise a memorable one! The Cruise Director also organizes group activities that include Bingo and Bonanza Bingo.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am on the cruise as I am writing this. The boat has not stopped rocking since we left. The slots don't pay, my husband didn't enjoy the poker. The food is what we expected. Nothing special. Drinks are cheap which is a plus. Supposely there is a dress code, however everyone is dressed like the just rolled out of bed. The customer service is great, I will give them that. The carpet is old and stained and the slot machines are ancient and broken. Ugh. Just Yuck. I am not impressed and will not be coming back.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Brit864

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thrilled.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I actually had a blast when I went. We went with a big party, and Jennifer was super sweet. She made sure we knew the rules of bringing cupcakes on board, and gave me free passes for all of my guests. I loved it, and plan to go back soon.

3 Thank Chelleshockedd
Loganville, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Ship / Great Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am really supprised about the number of negative reviews of the Emerald Princess II. I visit Jekyll Island at least 2 times a year (sometimes more), and make it a part of my visits to go out on the ship. The management and staff are always helpful and friendly. The smoke problem several of the reviewers talked about is not nearly as bad as they would have you believe... in fact, on the majority of the cruises I have been on, most of the players do not smoke. I can honestly say that in the 20 plus years I have been going out on the ship, I am ahead in winnings (which makes it even more enjoyable). The food is good, it's a fun time and I would recommend the Emerald Princess II to anyone who enjoys gaming and a great time.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank bobcathyd
Savannah, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thank God it was only $5”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

It's pretty simple - it's a $5 cruise and you get for what you pay for. The food was canned and overcooked and the two gambling floors are filled with cigarette smoke. The boat went out in inclement weather and rocked the entire time, causing many passegers and my friend to be sick in the bathrooms. It would have been more appreciated if they cancelled the cruise knowing how rough the waters are. As a nonsmoker, we were confined to the third floor for the majority of the cruise. I would say avoid but its a good time if you love gambling, smoking and canned food.

1 Thank DannieAshley
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“FUN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had a blast! Need more things to do, and we were so glad to come across the Emerald Princess! Great time with friends and night out. Staff was very friendly.

Visited March 2013