“Safe, Quiet, Clean”

Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This Hampton is safe (female traveling alone on business), quiet (despite it's direct access to the 95), and clean!! Internet is slow, but it's nearly impossible to find a hotel these days that can handle the internet activity of their guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn as a stopping point on our family vacation. We chose this property based upon other TA reviews. The price and location are great, however, the hotel is showing signs of wear and tear. The bathroom and electronic devices appear to have been recently updated. The carpet is definitely due for an update. The carpet in our room had multiple areas of spots and stains.

Additionally, during our stay the water was shut off for maintenance without any notification from management. During the check out process, I informed the staff of my concerns and they attempted to make us happy.

Cleanliness is my number one priority when rating a hotel. Next time, I think we will drive to the next exit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SKqueen
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed for the 4th time at this hotel - perfect stopping point from NC to FL. The staff took real good care of us and even let us stay past our check-out time since we arrived so late. I will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Well located right off 95. Clean, comfortable rooms, pleasant staff. Very easy access to Brunswick, St. Simons, and Jekyll Island. Much less expensive that staying on the Island. We opted for 2 adjoining rooms so we really did have a suite, which was an affordable option for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for an interview & mini break with friends. The location is so convenient with great access to the entire area & beaches a quick drive south. The room was wonderful. I'll definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2013
Lolandera S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

My staff and I are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and if you are in the area please visit us again. Thank You

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We walked in on a Thursday afternoon and stood at the front desk for awhile and no one showed up. We finally noticed a phone on a side table to the right of the room with a note to pick up for the front desk. We could hear it ringing at the front desk. Wala! Someone appeared from a back room. Eventually we go checked in. As a Hilton Honor member I'm used to being given bottles of water at check in. When I got to my room I called the front desk to ask about the water. I was told they don't get it for me that I needed to go downstairs and get it myself. They could have told me that at check in and I would have grabbed the water then.
The king suite we had was small but very clean. The cleaning staff was nice and very accommodating. We were shocked at breakfast to see paper plates and plastic ware. And very little selection and a long line for self service waffles.
The food was sad and the front desk was severely lacking. Embassy Suites is bigger, nicer and less expensive.

Stayed: June 2013
frank_gilford, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered at our property. As this was your first time to our property, we dislike to see that you weren't satisfied. We will strive to fix the issue's you've had to make sure it doesn't happen in the future. Thank You

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a newer property and feels significantly more deluxe than your average Hampton Inn. And you pay for it: Our room was $120 a night which is probably about $30 or $40 more than this location would otherwise warrant, being just off the highway in a generic area filled with gas stations and other hotels. But it's a very nice option for those exploring the St. Simons and Jekyll islands areas if you don't mind driving. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

We would like to Thank You for enjoying our property. It's really appreciated to know that we're doing our job correctly at giving you the best of service. Hope to see you in the future on a return trip. Thank You