“Price was good, probably won't stay again..”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Brunswick
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed July 6, 2009

The staff behind the counter were very friendly, both on the phone and in person. Conveniently located off the highway and next to restaurants and Starbucks. This hotel isn't for the clean freak though. Pets are allowed and you can choose between smoking or non. If management allows pets in the rooms, then they should designate pet only rooms. My room was non smoking but there was animal hair throughout, human hair in tub, on sink, and flooring. Sink was scantilly wiped off, toilet was not clean inside bowl. Doors had dirt, shoe marks, floors and carpets were excessively dirty. Beyond shampooing. I did not feel comfortable at all. Housekeeping standards are low, which in turn means the head housekeeper needs to raise the bar.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Nessielu

Reviewed January 14, 2009

My daughter and I stayed here one night as we were traveling through on a trip. I have always had good experiences with La Quinta and stay there whenever we are traveling with our dog. This was my first bad experience. There was a Christmas party going on in the hotel room right next to mine complete with catering and very loud music. The people were not just in the room but also out in the hallway in front of my door. I called the front desk and they said they would call and ask them to turn the music down. That lasted about 3 minutes and we could hear it slowly being turned back up and it was even louder than it had originally been. I can't understand what kind of company has a Christmas party in a hotel room, but even so, I can't understand the hotel allowing it and putting people in the rooms near it.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank LDraughon
Reviewed January 4, 2009

If you are just going for the room, as is the case for most people, this hotel is fine. The rooms were adequate and seemed clean. For that reason alone, I'm giving it at least a 3 out of 5. There were two issues, however, that drop prevent it from being excellent. Since this is a mid-budget motel, I had realistic expectations; in fact, I stayed in 5 different similar hotels this week alone, so I knew what to expect, and this LaQuinta fell short on two points.

(1) When I checked in, a surly woman named Pat checked me in without a smile or a friendly greeting. She didn't get up from her seat but leaned over backwards, rifled through a pile of unorganized reservation notices, and handed me the key, telling me the room number. I went to the room and had a question because something did not seem to match the description of my room that I had read online. I went back to the desk, and her reply was curt and unfriendly. Maybe she was having a bad day, but it wouldn't have killed her to be pleasant, especially since she was the first face representing the hotel that I saw during my stay--and first impressions do count for something. At least the man at the desk the next morning for check out was more friendly.

(2) The morning offered another surprise: the breakfast. I've stayed at about a dozen La Quintas around the country (and many other similar mid-priced hotels), and they all have pretty much the same breakfast. In comparision, this hotel was woefully inadequate. Most other LaQuintas have items such as fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, danishes, donuts, hard-bolied eggs, and so forth. This hotel lacked all of that. I arrived a full hour before breakfast was supposed to close, and the only thing they offered was a waffle-maker (which was completely out of batter) and some bread to toast--that was it! It looks like there had been a compartment for muffins or something like that, but it was completely empty and the kitchen hostess indicated that they were all out of whatever it was. I heard several other guests complain about the nonexistant breakfast, and I heard one woman even exlaim "this is false advertising!" I have to agree on this count, especially since there were only about 3 drops of orange juice remaning when I left the dining room, and that was really the only cold drink available. I should note that there is a Cracker Barrel immediately next door to the hotel--not even 50 feet away; I would have prefered they knock a few dollars off the hotel price and just not offer the so-called breakfast. I would have used the money to buy something more adequate next door. So, in sum, I would recommend the hotel for the rooms at a good price (a 2-room suite for $75, in my case), but don't expect any friendly help and just skip the meager breakfast; go instead to the Cracker Barrel very conveniently situated nearby.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2009

Booked a suite for 16.00 more than the double. Got two adjoining rooms, one with king bed and one with living room area; two TVs; two bathrooms. WONDERFUL option when traveling with kids. Hotel was clean and more than adequate for a overnight stop while traveling. Walked to Cracker Barrel. Only prob for me was no shampoo available in room (maybe economic cutbacks) and I did not have any of my own. Probably could have gotten some at front desk but did not try. Would stop again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2008

Booked this though AAA. Stayed here one night on the way to Florida. The hotel was clean, and the staff couldn't have been nicer. I don't think I have ever seen so many smiling faces. The room was standard, generic hotel room. The bathroom was clean and tidy. water pressure was great in the shower. The HVAC worked great. The continental breakfast featured make your own waffle which my daughter loved. It was a comfortable stay. There are several chain restaurants close by including a Cracker Barrel and a Shoneys across the parking lot.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2008

In past years we would stay in the savannah area. This year we decided to drive the extra 58 mile to try this motel. It was agood decision. Great place to spend the night. No complaints at all. Good resturants within walking distance

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomjohnRumford
Reviewed November 23, 2008

Good room for the price. With the room key we were given a slip of paper with the hotel manager's cell number in case there was an issue we could not resolve with the staff. Luckily we did not have an issue but thought the manager went a step above in customer service to do that. Staff was pleasant and helpful! Room was very clean. Shower did smell a little musty but showed no signs or dirt or mold. Bed was comfortable. Check in was quick. Cracker Barrel right next store.

There were many travels with pets staying in the hotel. I was concerned there would be pet odor in the room or we'd hear barking at night. That was definitely not the case. I did not hear any dogs.

I'd stay here again.