“Restful at Last”

Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Roanoke, Virginia
“Restful at Last”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

During a trip from VA to FL, we stopped at many hotels, this hotel was the most relaxing, well-priced and friendliest option. Going thru Priceline we got a great deal and enjoyed the plush accomodations provided. If we make another long journey, this is were we will stay!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 1, 2013

There are good and bad things about this hotel--the good first: it's cheap. I paid substantially less than I ever have for any other LaQuinta.

Now the bad... it's cheap for a reason.

1) Run down--shabby, threadbare, things falling apart. This is by far the worst LaQuinta I have ever stayed at. I have selected LQs because they have usually been very nice. I will have to re-assess that strategy and be more careful.

2) I wouldn't have used the A/C unit if I could have avoided it (given that it was summer in south Georgia, that wasn't much of an option). The mildew odor from the vent was really bad--chokingly bad.

3) Breakfast bar was very limited (the hotel's web page describes the available items). I only saw a waffle maker, sweet rolls, cereal, and plain chewy bagels--plus bananas and red delicious apples. Again, though, considering the price, I suppose it's an ok selection. The hotel's web page mentioned hard boiled eggs, but I never saw any.

4) I never got the wireless to work. I tried connecting with two different devices. My laptop wouldn't connect at all; my phone could connect but not transfer data at any reasonable rate. Hotel wireless systems often get overloaded, but this went on for my whole stay.

Other notes: the laundry facilities amount to one washing machine and one dryer (if there are more, I didn't see them). There was no ice machine on the first floor, only the upper floors.

It's right off I-95 and there are a few restaurants within walking distance.

Again, it was low-cost, but I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: It looked like half the rooms on the second floor might have been smoking rooms (though it was hard...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We had 4 adults and our two dogs in one room. It was a little cozy, but the customer service was excellent, the room was clean and it was in a great location. I loved that there were dogs everywhere! (On leashes of course!). It could use a little updating, but for the price and service, it was well wirth it!

• Stayed July 2013
Monmouth, Illinois
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here for four nights. This is a pet friendly hotel, and I'm allergic to dogs, so I was pleased that the room was very clean, with no visible pet hair. The wi-fi did not work the first night, and the staff did not want to move us. The Internet problem was fixed the next day. Good location with lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 23, 2013

it was great and i'll be going back soon and i'll be sure to recommend friends/family to stay there as well . i like that you all were pet friendly , we had great service , the staff were very helpful and friendly , the breakfast was good also .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

It's the third time that I've stayed here. This time I brought my wife.

The motel is in a perfect location: easy to get to from I-95, Cracker Barrel and Starbucks both are next door. The front desk staff is always friendly. The rooms are clean. The beds are comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple