Pros - convenient to the interstate, comfortable beds, friendly people at the desk, free breakfast- basic but ok
Cons - Could hear the people walking around in the room above us. While our room looked fine (clean sheets, table tops, carpet, etc) when we checked in, it didn't look so nice the next morning. When we pulled out the shower curtain, we saw there was black mold on it. There was pink mold in the corners of the bathroom. They ran out of coffee in the lobby (all kinds) in the morning so we went back to the room to make some and found the coffee pot was not clean. When we complained at checkout we got an apology but it was clear that was all we would get.
Sure it's less expesive than some of the other hotels, but the $59 room is more like $70 after taxes and that's too much for what was provided.
Side note - if you're looking for any kind of spot to get a drink and relax, you should go somewhere other than Brunswick GA. We drove all over town at 9:30 and found just 2 spots - a gentlemen's club downtown and Mulligan's (right off the interstate) which had country karaoke going on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.Just 25 minutes from St. Simons Island and Jekyll Island, you will find plenty to do at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Brunswick. Take the whole family to historic Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation, have fun in the sun at Summer Waves, or head on out to Okeefenokee Swamp Park. It is only 15 m...see moreinutes to the Emerald Princess Casino Cruise Ship. You will find great restaurants within walking distance, including one next door, and Colonial Mall and Magnolia Bluff Factory Outlet Store for shopping, just minutes away. If you are here for events at Jekyll Island Convention Center and Glynn County Stadium, book your room today. Grab a USA Today mornings in the lobby at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Brunswick and enjoy a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM complete with make-your-own waffles. All guest rooms have interior corridors and include free high-speed Internet access, pillow-top mattresses and down-lite pillows (King rooms feature additional amenities). We have a guest laundry facility and fax/copy services available at the front desk. Don't forget your swimsuit for our refreshing outdoor swimming pool! Conveniently located five miles northeast of downtown off I-95. Stay here when visiting Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Southeast Georgia Regional Medical Center, Brunswick College, and Fort Stewart. Bus parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Brunswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Brunswick Hotel Brunswick
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Brunswick
- La Quinta Hotel Brunswick
- La Quinta Brunswick
- Brunswick La Quinta