“Just a very nice stay with NO surprises!”

Comfort Suites Brunswick
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Lexington, Kentucky
“Just a very nice stay with NO surprises!”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I decided to stay here, primarily because of Comfort Suites name recognition and because they don't wrap their beds in 'saran plastic wrap' Several properties in this area do ... and just makes you feel like you're four years old.

The manager - Karen Bass, really takes pride in her property and the training she gives her staff, shows!
As evidenced by them offering to print out directions to restaurants etc. w/o me having to ask. Really great folks here.
The beds are extremely comfortable, the rooms clean. I just wish the hotel maids in the country would NOT TUCK in the pillow cases.!! What IS that all about? How many times have you had to 'untuck' the pillow cases. Corporate exec's ....."QUIT DOING IT!" AAAarrrggh.
Besides that, great breakfast, spacious rooms and the most important thing.... I had a quiet, restful sleep.
Thanks Comfort Inn, will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
KDBASS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Thank you, thank you, thank you! It's folks like you who keep us motivated! We are blessed to have a whole team who love what we do and the people we serve.

Your comment about the pillows is a reflection of the decorating trend we've seen in recent years: the pillowcases are "tucked" now that they are exposed with the new duvet/turndown method of bedmaking. It makes a pretty bed, and you can see right away that it's clean, but you may need to 'fluff' the pillow out of the tucking to snuggle into it they way you do at home.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to seeing you every time you travel to Coastal Georgia!

Comfort Suites Brunswick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I always try to stay at a Comfort Suites. We get the King Suite and really enjoy the comfort and value. This link in a very nice chain is terribly weak. The staff is amazing! Helpful,kind, and accommodating. But you all have cut corners. The rooms are small the lighting in the rooms is industrial or commercial an there was only one TV. The closet was minuscule and the whole place had a very light odor like old socks. I could have stayed at a red roof or another less expensive chain. Please get yourselves together. The staff and Karen in particular deserve to be able to get the same rave reviews as your other sites. They work hard. This was one of two bad Comfort Suites experiences of maybe fifty experiences, so it is safe to say i will remain a loyal customer i just think you should know.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
KDBASS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, December 30, 2010
Ouch! What a disappointment to find that we did not meet your expectations. I suppose some of it is a matter of perspective. The hotel rooms are studio suites: the beds are separated from the sleeper sofa and workdesk area by a partial divider. We have one 32" flat screen TV per guestroom. All lighting is energy efficient flourescent lighting in desk lamps or in downlighting fixtures over the bathroom mirror. We try to make the most of the things which matter: exceptional bedding (pillowtops with duvets & lots of extra pillows), a big breakfast (eggs, meat, waffles, cereals, breads & beverages), free calls & internet, indoor pool, host tub & exercise room, and great service. We tend to be a great little roadside hotel but don't really try to compete with the spas and B&B's. Thank goodness you found that our staff is exceptionally caring and accommodating to try to meet our guest needs.

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback anyway.

Edgerton, Ohio
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel twice. It was the closest hotel the first time during a very severe thunderstorm and although there was a moldy smell it was not that bad. Rooms were quite good, clean comfortable, but not the best value for money...expensive. The second time we stayed we had driven for the previous 8 hours from the southern end of Florida and thought seeing we had stayed once before we would stay again. This time the smell in the reception was much worse but we thought once in the room we would be fine. Paid very high rate again, put next to the lift along with some guests who arrived late and were more intent on fighting all night. If they don't get rid of this smell, fon't stay there....We won't again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
KDBASS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We did have a problem with water intrusion on the back lobby wall. We had to tear out the wallboard and insulation to find where the problem was, but it has now been resolved. Guests now find that we have not only a clean and inviting hotel, but the "moldy smell" is gone! Thank goodness we won't have that problem again!

Come see us anytime you travel to or through Coastal Georgia.

Clermont, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2010

My wife and I along with friends and families stayed here in Sept. to celebrate our brother-in-law's birthday and retirement. He lives in Brunswick. We occupied 6 rooms in all and everyone had great comments about the staff and accommodations. We returned in October for another visit and the GM, Karen, was outstanding in handling our group again. Karen is friendly, understanding and a very gracious host. We highly recommend this Comfortt Suites.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clermontmike
KDBASS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Thanks so much for the fanmail! We do love what we do. Y'all plan to stay with us every time you come to Brunswick. We'll look forward to seeing you again and again!
Buford
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My 3 year old daughter and I wanted to go the beach for the weekend and needed a place to stay that didn't cost a fortune but was still nice...this is the place. I typically stay at Hampton Inns when traveling but chose this hotel from the reviews, I am glad I did. Due to horrible weather leaving Atlanta we arrived very late on Friday evening. The gentleman at the front desk (I hate I forgot his name) was extremely pleasant and even offered to help with my luggage (remember this is not a full service hotel, so an offer like this wasn't required but a genuine display of awesome customer service). The hotel was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had a king-bed room, which was very large, perfect for a 3 year old to run around in, I apologize to anyone that was below us :) The hotel is close to Jekyll Island and St. Simon's. It is a quick and beautiful drive to Jekyll. There was a little fridge too, so I was able to store some drinks and food for the beach. I don't regret not staying on the island. PS I highly recommend driving from St. Simmons to Jekyll Island on Hwy 17 at dusk...the modern bridge is stunning, looks like huge sails in the sky.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank melwhite10
KDBASS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, September 1, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We love hearing that our guests had a great experience. We're glad to provide a nice place from which folks can explore the community without having to pay "resort" pricing. Hoping you'll come back anytime you get a chance...

Reviewed July 17, 2010

We stayed here on a trip from Florida to New England. We were pleasantly surprised at how clean and nice the hotel and rooms were. It can't be easy keeping a property looking brand new. We liked it so much it prompted is to post this review...our very first one.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank viewnh
Thanks for sharing your experience! We do work hard to keep everything fresh & new looking. Getting positive feedback like yours helps to encourage the whole staff. Of course, it helps that we love what we do too.

Hoping we'll get to see you every time you make the trip on I-95...

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 17, 2010

First let me say that this hotel is ideal for anyone traveling up/down the I-95 corridor in need of a safe, comfortable and inexpensive place to stay. They do have a luggage rack for hauling the extra beach stuff to the rooms too. If you are looking for more than the continental breakfast that the hotel offers, then there is a Whaffle House on the other side of the overpass or a Huddle House next door. The hotel is sandwiched between 2 gas stations and there is a McDonalds next to the Huddle House that you can safely walk to through connecting parking lots. The hotel parking lots are well lit and my hubby went out a few times after 10pm to smoke his cigars with no problems.

My husband and our 6 & 8yr old children stayed at this hotel during the Memorial Day weekend on our visit to the St Simons/Jekyll Island beaches and we absolutely loved it. Why? the hotel still looks brand new (clean) and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is the closest to Jekyll Island and if you continue over the bridge, St Simons is a few minutes away. Now, finding restaurants is a bit tricky but if you go on I-95N 2 exits and make a right onto the main strip, there are many places to eat,shop and bank. Another easy way from the hotel is to go pass the Jekyll Island turnoff and go over the bridge pass the St Simons turn off and bear left where the road forks. Believe me, everything is quick & easy to get to so don't be afraid to explore.

As far as the rooms being too small, I think they were no different than most hotel rooms. We had a king room but I will say, the sofa bed is not ideal for an adult. I wouldn't put anyone over 50lbs in it because the mattress is thin. The kids loved it because they could each play their own DVD player because they had their own electric outlets. Also about the problem with what to do with the end table at night. I placed mine by the door along the bathroom wall and the desk chair on top of it, keeping the large chair between the desk & dresser. After doing that, we had a practice fire drill and we all got out of the room without any trouble. Another way is to put the end table on the other side of the desk /wall or place it under the desk (nesting). It's all about a little imagination but it does work.

I loved the fact that if we came in from the beach and we track any sand or water on the lobby floor, it's gone before I can come back to clean it myself. That happened to me twice and there's usually a bucket/mop nearby. Overall i'm going to say that the Manager does a great job in taking care of the place. I'm impressed because we have never stayed at a Comfort Suites before and I was very skeptical being a fan of Marriott Hotels and all. We have decided that we will stay at this hotel everytime we visit Jekyll Island and as my daughter puts it, "They Rock".

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank alleycats39
KDBASS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Thanks for sharing your experience. We all try to make this an extraordinary hotel. It's not all about facilities (although we try to keep them in great shape). It's about people! We love serving our guests and want to do everything we can to make positive memories every time. You had a choice of where to stay in Coastal Georgia. Thanks for choosing us!