“Excellent Service and Comfy Room”

Comfort Suites Brunswick
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before on trips between FL and the Carolinas and I have to say it's getting better all the time! The bed was super comfy with some sort of pillow top and the linens were wonderful. What set this hotel apart was the service from the super sweet woman who checked us in and recommended a great place for dinner ("Zachary's") to the sweet young woman who accommodated us for breakfast when we arrived a few minutes late, to the maintenance guy who chatted me up in the elevator, to the General Manager who made a point to come by while we enjoyed our late breakfast and asked if there was anything else he could do for us. For the price for this type of hotel, what more can you ask for than a comfy, clean room, a basic breakfast and a welcoming attitude from the time you arrive until the time you leave....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BabsOrlando
MarkTga641, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you so much for completeing our guest survey. It is so important for us to get feedback so that we can improve our survice.
again, thank you,
Jessica Mcgill

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I needed a place to spend a couple of nights while passing through the Brunswick area and ended up at the Comfort Suites. The staff was very welcoming and helpful, the facility clean and attractive, and even the breakfast was a cut above average. It is a bit awkward to find, but worth the search. The only negative was the limited choice in nearby restaurants. However, a short drive of just a couple of miles will provide a number of good choices.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
MarkTga641, General Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for your response.
We strive to satisfy all of our customer's please stop by again for a 10% discount.
Just mention this review.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I actually arrived at this location by mistake. I suppose I should have put in the actual address of the Comfort Suites that I was suppose to be arriving at in the GPS!??!, so anyway, the bizarre begins.... I knew I was in Brunswick, which is a nice town and a logical stop if your travelling up or down from Florida.
However I spied this hotel from the interstate and thought I was there, but I was suppose to be a few exits down the highway at the Golden Isles location. OK, I went to the desk still oblivious to my mistake.(in my own defense, I was very bleary from a 8hr drive.) The clerks looked confused, a bit green, or in training. The young lady took my name, checked her computer for my on-line reservation and looked at her paperwork, still a bit hesitant. Here is where one thing leads to another, to another, to another.... She finally gave me the typical sheet to initial and acted like all was well. Not bothering to mention that I was not in the system here. The check in slip she gave me turns out to be another guys actual check in, he had the same first name. This also was all I looked at when initialing this thing, no glasses on and saw the name and so I signed in. She still did not pick up on the fact that our last names were very different and that I had paid my deposit with Amex, and this one was secured with a Visa. MMM. So I am still thinkin this is the place. I got a key and went to the room, wrong room, a double, another clue that somethings up, but no-ones putting it together. Back to the desk, oh,ok you reserved a king?
OK take this room. Problem solved. Nope. Went to the new room and OMG walked in on a guy sittin on the couch with his laptop! Wow, they gave me the key to a room that had just been issued 10 minutes before. Yikes. Lucky he was understanding, fully clothed and unarmed!
Back to the desk. Not amused this time, given a room on a different floor. Finally, a king with no-body home. So I settle in. The room is decent and all is back to normal. Need rest.
Still no-one has told me I was never in the system. Bed is comfy, pillows were really nice,
Bathroom is clean, and I get a decent night rest.
Next morning I get the invoice under the door, and this time I actually read it, the whole thing. As you may have guessed,it is made out to a guy ,but that guy is not me. Same first name , but not me. Paid with a Visa, and was suppose to be in a double. Now my interest is peaking.
Down to "breakfast", which I basically missed because the desk told me it ended at 10am. I showed at 9:30am to find it gone, only to be informed by the caretaker that 10am is only on weekends. Great.
I approach the desk with the weird invoice and presented it to the same clerks that had handled the check in the day before. Puzzled again they looked at each other and started scouring the computer for the right invoice,never to be found. So I decided to go check my confirmation # on the reservation I had made on-line. There it was, Noticed the conflict. The address that I had been at all night was wrong. I wasn't suppose to be at this Comfort Suite location. Ouch.
Back down stairs, "ladies I was never suppose to be here, why didn't you say so!" Oh, we thought so, was the response. Well when were ya gonna tell me? They were incredulous.
I now know what all that confusion was about.
So, the original reservation is wasted, while this stay was a phantom.
The good news is that The folks at the intended location forgave my deposit after hearing the situation, thanks to the management of the Comfort Inn and suites at The Golden Isles! Also I will say after the truth became apparent to the staff at this location(Ashton Drive) I got a discount for the trouble. What a ride. The front desk needs some tutoring, no doubt.
Finally, would I stay here again? Yes, but check your address ,because these properties are not far from each other and look similar to the eye.Read your paperwork. If ya take these steps your stay here should be just fine.A good price, for a decent stop over on your travels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for responding we strive to satisfy all our customers.
Please stay with us again and we will give you a 10% discount on your next stay.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We used our rewards points to book this hotel for a one night layover in Brunswick. The room was extremely spacious and worked well for us as we are a family of 5, however, I was a bit disappointed with the breakfast. It was not at all what I am used to seeing from a Comfort Suites. Very poor quality and selection. I would have been very upset had we paid for the room. Cannot say for sure if we will come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
MarkTga641, Manager at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I am very sorry that you had a bad experience at the Comfort Suites, we strive to make every stay a perfect experience, thank you for your comment it will help us improve our service to you.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

After a tiring day of driving, it was a happy accident that we chose this Comfort Suite motel. It was reasonable, quiet, had a nice restaurant next door and had one of the most hard working staff members we've ever seen.

Elisa was happy to check us in, made sure I got my 'points' and gave us a convenient room. The rooms have been newly renovated and are quite good looking and spacious. When it turned out that our heating unit didn't work, however, Elisa came right down to see if she could fix it (!) and when she couldn't, moved us two doors down with nary a second thought. She even fetched the luggage trolley for us!

Later she was seen doing some routine chores and generally keeping things neat and tidy and my husband commented in the morning that there were three people on duty - obviously that many were needed to do the work at Elisa was doing by herself the night before!

The breakfast was standard but adequate to our needs and even had 'grown up' yogurt on offer - unlike some other Comfort Inns where we've stayed.

All in all it was a pleasant stay and we'd definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review that you gave the Comfort Suites Guest like you make our day.
Again thank you

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We just wanted a weekend getaway with the kids. This hotel is great for the price. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is clean and well maintained. Yes, there are some stains on the carpet, but that's to be expected in a hotel environment. No stains that were disgusting or scary. The kids loved the indoor pool and hot tub. The breakfast buffet was well stocked. No trouble checking in or out. The beds were very comfortable. My only complaint is the showers made for short people. My husband is 6'3" and I am 5'11". Hotels should NOT put the shower heads so low! I am giving this place five stars for what it is, a three star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your great review of the Comfort Suites.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

After a horrible weekend of misfortunes, we found an excellent hotel with the most accommodating personnel. Our car was able to coast into this hotel and to our good fortune, the desk receptionist, Shelby Dheel. knew a mechanic that would come check out the car on a late Sunday afternoon. How great was that!!! Thank you Shelby Dheel. The room, service, personnel, breakfast and everything was truly perfect. Definitely made a bad situation into the best experience.

Room Tip: Breakfast was wonderful. Eggs, sausage links, fruit in addition to the routine waffles.