“Great for the price; spotty wifi”

Comfort Suites Brunswick
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've stayed at many hotels and thought the low price for the clean and quality hotel with all the amenities was fantastic for this hotel. Obviously, location is everything so this same hotel in a more populated city will be $50 higher, but you get the same quality of hotel for a lower price--in my opinion. The continental breakfast was "good enough"--good selection. Room was very clean and upscale. Lobby area was nice. My only complaint is that the wifi in my 3rd floor room was very poor. I had to go downstairs in the lobby to surf the web in a decent speed. Luckily I wasn't competing with other guests. Only one of the computers were able to use the internet. Also, the printer was broken so I couldn't print. Therefore, our ability to do much office stuff is severely hampered, but that wasn't an issue since this was just a pleasure trip. But if I was on business, I'd be in trouble.

Room Tip: Stay closer to the main office at lower level for better wifi access
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitesbrunswi, Webmaster at Comfort Suites Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites Brunswick, GA for your recent stay in our area

We are glad to hear that you had a nice and remarkable experience in our hotel.

We as a team try to do our best to make your stay enjoyable.

I was disappointed to hear that you had a problem with wi- fi connection We are looking into this problem and hope to have a solution soon.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Location found easily, located right off of 95, check-in quick, (Robert at the front desk was very kind and helpful!!), rooms clean, pool and spa clean and relaxing, breakfast was better than the expected hotel breakfast, the lady who was in charge of breakfast (on 4/6/13- didn't catch her name) was great, she beat me to my table to wipe it off, very friendly staff, beds RIDICULOUSLY comfortable!!

Only problems I had were spider webs in the windows, spa felt like pool water 2 out of the 3 times we got in, and could hear the room next door's door close.

Overall I give this hotel a 5! Problems were very minor, and we plan to use this hotel when we come to Brunswick again!!

Room Tip: I'd recommend top floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Up to date rooms,quiet location and conveniently located off I-95.
The staff I encountered were friendly and the free breakfast is ok.
The wifi is free and the speeds were decent during my stay.
This location will be my go to spot when working in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CarolinaCoopers
Reviewed April 3, 2013

After staying at a dreadful Quality Inn in Ft Lauderdale prior to a cruise, post-cruise we stayed in Brunswick and what a difference!!! As soon as we walked into the lobby, we started smiling - beautiful, clean, like new. Service was great, decor was lovely, suite was the polar opposite of where we stayed in Florida. The breakfast was to the usual good standard of Choice hotel/motels. The marketing director came thru during breakfast asking if we needed anything and if our needs were being met. - Regina Davis - a very pleasant young lady. This was like dessert after a great cruise. We would definitely stay here again if we travel this way and hope it maintains its high standards

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We visited this place on our journey to Orlando as a transition point. This hotel has a good location very close to highway, friendly employees and offers nice breakfast starting from early in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cigdem Gizem P
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed on Feb 21 for one night on our way to Florida. We arrived with no reservation and were quickly checked in with a smile by a lovely young lady working at the desk. The room was comfortable, the bed was fantastic, the bathroom was spotless and the breakfast in the morning was delicious and had a wide selection. The pool had far too much chlorine and it burned the kids eyes just being in the room, but we will stay here again on our next trip to Florida, other than the pool area, the hotel was fantastic! Hotel is very easy to find off the I95 and there are several restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Agree with the commnets about breakfast. Lots of choices and the breakfast bar sitting area is a nice change from just tables and chairs Convenient location between the barrier islands and Jacksonville. Rooms well appointed.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple