“Highly Recommend!”

Comfort Suites Brunswick
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I booked a stay here due to the reviews from Tripadvisor.com, so I thought I'd also contribute a review. We stayed here the last Saturday night. I booked the King w/sleeper sofa room. The sleeper sofa was for my 2 young kids (under 10). The King bed was awesome! The room was very nice! The sleeper sofa sucked! The mattress/support was unacceptable. I can't imagine what it would have been like for a 200lbs person to try to sleep on it all night. The bathroom was very nice and larger than I expected. I was told they've got a new TV system, and I'll say it was subpar. The room has a wide screen TV but the images were not scaled properly, so people's heads were cut off at the forehead, the news tickers were unreadable. Hotel management told me they were working out the kinks. I will stay here again with my family. I do recommend this hotel to others, as long as you don't use the sleeper sofa. The next time we stay, I'll get the double queen room.

Room Tip: The sleeper sofa is terrible. If you need an extra bed for children, do them a favor and go with the...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed December 31, 2011

This room was very clean, plush, and the bed was luxurious. Great stay!

Room Tip: Room was great. Has indoor pool and exercise room. Great hot breakfast and had hot coffee and tea o...
1  Thank pmmack
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This is a new hotel, and it has the new hotel smell which is good. It was a fantastic value. Its a few miles from downtown brunswick but near 95, if not right off of it.
Very comfortable place, includes internet and the standard generic hot/cold breakfast.
My only complaint is that you could hear some noise from the floor above, though it wasnt a major problem and Im noise sensitive. Id stay again for sure if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank flipper95
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I am an avid traveler and have stayed at hundreds of hotels, but none come close to the value you get at Comfort Suites Brunswick Ga. The staff was friendly. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and even included omeletes! The fitness center,indoor pool and hot tub were all vary nice. I loved the location, and the short drive to the charming St..Simon island was well worth the trip. The icing on cake was when I was told, all long distance calls are free!!! A true gem!!!

Reviewed December 19, 2011

This hotel was a real find for $53 for a one-night's stay (with AAA discount). I usually use Choice Hotels when on road trips. The place was spotless, smelt good, and the staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. You could tell that although very new, the property was well maintained both outdoors and indoors. The interior decoration was warm and welcoming, with the beds comfortable as well. The only improvement I would recommend here is the toilet seat in our room; it appeared a little worn and dirty underneath and could have used replacement. Otherwise, I would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to friends and family who drive between New York and Florida frequently!

Reviewed December 14, 2011

This Comfort Suites is, in a word, Sparkling. Relatively new, it has easy access to I-95, at the gateway to Jekyl and St. Simons islands. The hotel is spotlessly clean, smells good, and is bright and cheery. The staff are friendly and check-in was a breeze. The rooms are tastefully decorated, with comfortable beds, a separate seating area with couch, a fridge and microwave, and HVAC that is quiet and controlled by a separate thermostat. The bathrooms are good a good size with good shower. And the hotel is quiet. The breakfast was as complete as this chain usually is. Although there are not a lot of restaurants in the immediate vicinity, the staff directed us to a steak and seafood restaurant a couple of blocks away that was excellent and reasonably priced ( about $30 for two). We think this hotel should be an award winner, and would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

On a whirlwind trip south, I stayed at this Comfort Suites. I usually use this chain. Right from the start I was impressed. Extremely friendly clerk (Amber I believe) greeted me. The lobby was large with the business center and breakfast area off to the side. Two computers were available for use. The breakfast area was also spacious. It had much more room than most I have seen. My first impression of the room was that I should be getting a hint of paint as everywhere looked freshly done. I later was told this hotel was only about 2 years or so old. Even so it was exceptionally clean. There was a large room with a partition separating the bed from a sitting area that had a large sofa and coffee type table. A desk which had a lamp with an electrical outlet on the base allowed me to plug in without crawling on the floor and unplugging other devices. Unlike other hotels in this chain, there was a thermostat on the wall instead of the under the window unit with the unreliable temperature control. And the unit was very quiet. In the large closet was a safe for valuables, though I did not need to use it. The bathroom was well lighted with the coffee maker on the counter and the hair dryer mounted on the wall. The counter and bathtub surround was a dark brown granite/marble piece. And the price for the night was under $55. I will definitely have this motel on my short list of ones I would readily re-visit.

Room Tip: The hotel is set way back from the road. I didn't hear much traffic, but would probably ask for...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo