“Stayed here in the summer of 1999 and never forgot how bad it was!”

Guest Cottage & Suites
Ranked #26 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Hudson County, NJ
“Stayed here in the summer of 1999 and never forgot how bad it was!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was just thinking of this hell hole town and motel the other day. Decided to take a look to see if it was still around. It is and it seems it has not improved. There was no roaches back then but even when it was fairly new the phones did not work and there was massive amounts of bugs around the building. i had money stolen from my room and the staff was not very helpful. Had to stay a FULL MONTH as I was on a business trip. I will never forget the dump or the nasty people I encountered in the town. The gas station / inconvenience stores that are less than a block away were also God awful too. I never forgot the miserable clerk at Parker`s who would not refund me the $5.00 lost in the phone card vending machine. RUDE, slooooooow and ignorant are the three words that came to mind for the whole area. F- is my review!

Room Tip: Ask people in the lobby if they like the hotel before you check in.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank JosephHudsonCounty
guestcottagesuites, Webmaster at Guest Cottage & Suites, responded to this review, April 6, 2017
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about a stay 14 years ago. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways at that time. Since the time of this review, we’ve changed and improved in many ways and are meeting guests needs and expectations better than ever before. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed November 28, 2012

All I can say is nasty nasty nasty MELDOW place, not A very clean place at all, a lot of roaches an the AC leaks very bad. Not a great place to be my kids stayed sick staying there I would never recommend this place to anyone.. If the smell don't run u out the roaches will.noone seems to care about these hotels as long ad there getting there money the rooms are not worth the money there charging

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Tweetybird85
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m sorry we didn’t meet your needs, but much has changed since your stay with us. Our goal is to provide a consistently superior guest experience, and your comments have helped us as we’ve changed and improved in the last few years. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

my husband's job, put him in this dirty, roach infested motel, My son & I came to visit for a week. I had to go buy cleaning supplies & clean the room, clean bathroom, kitchen, etc. I didn't want my son & husband catching anything. I used a whole can of bug spray and the bugs laughted at me. The air cond quit, and we were told, maybe it froze up, did not check it.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank dirtydirtydirty
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. Much has changed for the better since your husband’s lengthy stay with us. I’m terribly sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and in the overall experience we provide to guests. Your experience is not an indication of how we normally do business, and we’ll work to provide a more consistent experience in the future.

Grovetown, Georgia
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We had a lot of left over food from our 2 night stay on Jekyll, so we had to find somewhere to store it, as we had 2 more days left in Brunswick. When checking around, was told this was the only hotel in Brunswick with a fully equipped kitchen. Upon checking in and once in the room, we realized there was NO stove, just a cooktop, and NO dishes! Only thing we benefited from was the full sized fridge. Room was clean enough, however it appeared people were actually LIVING there; I was in fear of my life and my family's lives; we never used the pull out sofa bed as it was filthy! Me and my 3 teenaged children pilled up in the king sized bed and my husband slept on the sofa w/o pulling it out; it was a disaster and I really did not even want to stay. Needless to say, we cut that stay short and stayed in another hotel. Please do not stay here if you can help it; it is overpriced and just plain filthy!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MrsKLM3
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments. We’ve changed a lot since then. I’m very sorry we couldn’t meet your needs or expectations. We take great pride in being a pleasant, friendly and accommodating place to stay, and we obviously let you down in some ways. For that, I apologize. I hope when you visit the area again you will give us another chance to meet your needs. I’m certain we’ll do better for you next time.

Hertfordshire, UK
Reviewed May 23, 2009

Spacious two room suites, with ageing furnishings, run-down kitchens, and dirty carpets....
King size bed.... with uncomfortable mattress and not enough bedding
Whirlpool bath... which spits out black stuff
Air conditioned.... VERY noisy
Roaches!!! I must have killed about a dozen, and when told about it, the hotel did NOTHING
ONsite Laundry.. no security cameras, watert all over the floor in puddles, and 7 pairs of Levi jeans, plus two loads of laundry, STOLEN. Staff shrugged, didnt apologize, didnt comment, other than "it happens"
Wireless internet.... choppy at best, to be told FINALLY that "that building has always had a problem" nice to know, since hispeed internet is vital to my partners business!
Honestly, Avoid this place unless you enjoy the sight of people hanging around their doorways smoking and drinking beer, the sound of ancient air conditioning keeping you awake all night, and you dont mind bags of trash in your room all week because the cleaners only visit once a week.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank Cariad
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. A lot has changed since your stay, and we’re now doing a better job for our guests than ever before. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.