“Stayed here in the summer of 1999 and never forgot how bad it was!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Guest Cottage & Suites

Guest Cottage & Suites
Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Brunswick
Hudson County, NJ
“Stayed here in the summer of 1999 and never forgot how bad it was!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was just thinking of this hell hole town and motel the other day. Decided to take a look to see if it was still around. It is and it seems it has not improved. There was no roaches back then but even when it was fairly new the phones did not work and there was massive amounts of bugs around the building. i had money stolen from my room and the staff was not very helpful. Had to stay a FULL MONTH as I was on a business trip. I will never forget the dump or the nasty people I encountered in the town. The gas station / inconvenience stores that are less than a block away were also God awful too. I never forgot the miserable clerk at Parker`s who would not refund me the $5.00 lost in the phone card vending machine. RUDE, slooooooow and ignorant are the three words that came to mind for the whole area. F- is my review!

Room Tip: Ask people in the lobby if they like the hotel before you check in.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank JosephHudsonCounty

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

All I can say is nasty nasty nasty MELDOW place, not A very clean place at all, a lot of roaches an the AC leaks very bad. Not a great place to be my kids stayed sick staying there I would never recommend this place to anyone.. If the smell don't run u out the roaches will.noone seems to care about these hotels as long ad there getting there money the rooms are not worth the money there charging

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Tweetybird85
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

my husband's job, put him in this dirty, roach infested motel, My son & I came to visit for a week. I had to go buy cleaning supplies & clean the room, clean bathroom, kitchen, etc. I didn't want my son & husband catching anything. I used a whole can of bug spray and the bugs laughted at me. The air cond quit, and we were told, maybe it froze up, did not check it.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank dirtydirtydirty
Grovetown, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

We had a lot of left over food from our 2 night stay on Jekyll, so we had to find somewhere to store it, as we had 2 more days left in Brunswick. When checking around, was told this was the only hotel in Brunswick with a fully equipped kitchen. Upon checking in and once in the room, we realized there was NO stove, just a cooktop, and NO dishes! Only thing we benefited from was the full sized fridge. Room was clean enough, however it appeared people were actually LIVING there; I was in fear of my life and my family's lives; we never used the pull out sofa bed as it was filthy! Me and my 3 teenaged children pilled up in the king sized bed and my husband slept on the sofa w/o pulling it out; it was a disaster and I really did not even want to stay. Needless to say, we cut that stay short and stayed in another hotel. Please do not stay here if you can help it; it is overpriced and just plain filthy!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank MrsKLM3
Hertfordshire, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

Spacious two room suites, with ageing furnishings, run-down kitchens, and dirty carpets....
King size bed.... with uncomfortable mattress and not enough bedding
Whirlpool bath... which spits out black stuff
Air conditioned.... VERY noisy
Roaches!!! I must have killed about a dozen, and when told about it, the hotel did NOTHING
ONsite Laundry.. no security cameras, watert all over the floor in puddles, and 7 pairs of Levi jeans, plus two loads of laundry, STOLEN. Staff shrugged, didnt apologize, didnt comment, other than "it happens"
Wireless internet.... choppy at best, to be told FINALLY that "that building has always had a problem" nice to know, since hispeed internet is vital to my partners business!
Honestly, Avoid this place unless you enjoy the sight of people hanging around their doorways smoking and drinking beer, the sound of ancient air conditioning keeping you awake all night, and you dont mind bags of trash in your room all week because the cleaners only visit once a week.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business