“Good food and service”

Ranked #3 of 206 Restaurants in Brunswick
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were very pleased with the tuna and rib eye dinners, and the attentive service. Pleasant atmosphere.

1  Thank spitz456

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I live in South Carolina and superb barbecue ribs are relatively commonplace. The Millhouse steakhouse in Brunswick served Kentucky Bourbon Ribs ($20) and they are the best ribs I've ever had. My wife ordered them and fortunately she was willing to share. I ordered the Ribeye Steak ($22) and although it was an exceptionally good, tender, flavorful steak, it couldn't compete with the ribs We were returning home from a Florida dive trip and stopped at the Milhouse simply because I was tired of eating fish. Its location is easily adjacent to 95. The building is new, adjacent to the Holiday Inn and the interior is classic steakhouse. The menu is not. Although it has all of the requirements of the classic steakhouse menu like assorted steaks (of course), ribs and chops, it also has a varied and extensive menu with an eclectic flair. The house specialties tend to be chickens/fish and there is an entire page of items on the menu involving Chinese lo mein. We ordered creamed spinach and mashed sweet potatoes for sides. The mashed sweet potatoes had a modest amount of cinnamon, I normally prefer lots, but despite that, they were excellent. The French onion soup was very good but a trifle salty. I would've loved to try the deserts but we were way too stuffed from the meal. Portions are all generous. We marked the location on our GPS and we will certainly be meeting here regularly on our trips to and from Florida. Our next visit, I'm trying the five sauce ribs, the ones with five different types of barbecue sauce.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We went here based on the highest rating for a steakhouse on Trip Advisor and a recommendation from our hotel staff. The steak choices were minimal and the steak I chose was good but not great. My baked potato was cold. The staff was good and made it right quickly but nothing special.

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

The Millhouse Steakhouse was just what we needed after a long day of fishing and passing on the beach. It was after 9:00pm and many places were starting to close; but not the Millhouse Steakhouse. Our party of seven all ordered something different. New York strip steak, ribs, pasta trio, did, salad and a seafood pasta dish with five different seafood. Jackie was our server and she kept our sweet tea glasses full. A great place to eat and wind down after a fun filled day.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

A friend and I stopped at Millhouse to take advantage of the happy hour specials, but later decided to eat while we were there as well. Our server, Alexis C., was very helpful, hospitable and attentive. She suggested several items from the menu, made sure our drinks were always full and that we were satisfied with our food selections. I chose a side (mashed sweet potatoes) for my meal that I was not happy with and she suggested several alternatives and highly recommended another side (I believe it was the pulled potatoes) that she gladly switched my original side out for. The service Alexis provided was prompt, friendly and efficient and when I return to this restaurant, I will definitely ask to be seated in her section again!