“We were very pleased with our overnight stop here. We were...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bremen
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bremen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fireball92771
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband I were traveling to the east coast and stopped midway to stay at the Microtel in Breman. The first night....heading toward the coast...our room was extremely clean and well stocked. We rested well and a had a good complimentary hot breakfast the next morning. The second night we stayed...heading back home...our room was just the opposite. The bathroom vanity hadn't been cleaned at all...there were black whiskers where a man had shaven with an electric razor. Not just a few...the vanity and sink were covered with them. The bathroom floor hadn't been swept...more whiskers in the floor. Not only that...the mirror behind the bed had oily spots on it where the former night's guests had been leaned back against it. The entire idea of crawling into the bed was disgusting. (The hotel was booked solid for the night due to a dance competition in the area) I double checked the sheets...to the best of my ability I determined that they had been changed. At least the sheets and pillow cases weren't wrinkled like they would have been had someone slept on them.

It is strange, I've read reveiws about places and went there to have a completely different experience. It never occured to me that each reviewer might actually be telling the truth....sometimes things are good and sometimes they are bad.

If I had to guess I'd say that the difference in my two stays would be the amount of pride the two different housekeepers had in their work. The first night, on the 3rd floor, I couldn't have asked for a cleaner room. On the second night, 2nd floor, the only thing I'm sure of was that the room DIDN'T have bed bugs.

I don't have high standards when it comes to hotel rooms, especially along side the interstate...so please don't think I'm nit picking, that isn't my intention. I can make it just fine without the most modern aminities in my room...I can't however, make it fine in nastiness. I'm not royalty but I do require cleanliness.

My best advice would be to check your room upon arrival and verify that it has been cleaned. If it hasn't demand another room...there is no excuse for a room to be the condition that I found my second stay. If I'm ever back in Breman I would probably stop at Microtel again, but I'll never guess about clean sheets again...I'd just ask for a refund.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fireball92771
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bremen
Quality Inn & Suites Bremen
Hampton Inn Bremen-I-20 (Carrollton Area)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#1 of 1 in Tallapoosa
Hampton Inn Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
#1 of 9 in Carrollton

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bremen? Share your experiences!