“A Step Above”

Jurassic Subs
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Bremen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I am sure there is nothing different between this Jurassic Sub and any other one. The menu is the menu. However the staff her go the extra mile to make you happy. It is not a gourmet experience, but the place is clean, the staff smiling, and there is always a table for you. I love how they toast the bread, and that there is a higher level of choices than at that other sub franchise. If you are coming in to town for dinner before a Milltown Music Hall event, this is a great choice. Just a distance of a couple hundred feet from the venue, it is a good choice for a bit of a better fare than other sandwich shops.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Someone spoke to me the second I walked in the door. I had never eaten here before and the guy (must have been the owner) was super friendly and gave a rundown of the selections. I decided on the half Italian sub and it was a perfect choice. Everything was fresh and delicious. You get to choose between chips, pasta salad, potato salad or fruit salad as your side. I went for the pasta. My meal was only like $6. Great value, great customer service, and tastes way better than Subway. My new lunch spot!

2  Thank JulesinGa
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I am SO glad we stopped in on a whim. Friendly staff and awesome owner...
just genuinely nice!!

Incredible sandwiches.... fresh ingredients loaded on.....You can literally taste the difference....piled high.... I couldn't finish a six inch!

If you haven't been, give these guys a try... worth every penny!!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Mainly toasted sub sandwiches, but a good selection. The owner is typically around and the service is always great. These days it's not a secret any more so there can be a bit of a lunch crowd, but still reasonable to get in and out. The most common go-to place when the family wants to grab a quick meal.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I first found this place about a year or so ago, when they first opened. I wanted a sub sandwich, but I didn't feel like Subway. I was pleasantly surprised when I ordered from there.

Ever since then, I've been going to Jurassic Subs for sub sandwiches. Their sizes are larger: 9-inch versus 6-inch offered at Subway or Blimpie; 15-inch versus 12-inch. The bread is fresh-baked daily, and actually tastes fresh. The deli meats and cheeses are sliced or shredded daily, and they, too, taste fresh. I learned from the owner last week that some of the meats were imported in from Italy. They have actual capicola meat, which is not found at most of the national chains. They also have provolone cheese, instead of its evil twin, white American. If you order the meatball marinara, they make their own. It's never frozen or "trucked in" from some national supplier. Their tuna salad is also made fresh, and actually tastes more like tuna than it does mayonnaise. Most other sub shops like to overdo it in the mayonnaise department of making tuna salad. Also, instead of sweet relish, which many use, they use dill relish, which gives it a nice little "kick".

One of the greatest things Jurassic Subs offers is outstanding customer service. This is a very endangered creature, indeed. The staff is very friendly and courteous, and willing to go the extra mile. The first time I went into their shop, they accidentally burned the end of my sandwich. It wasn't enough to have to throw the entire sandwich out, but they offered to remake it, if I so wanted. I told them it didn't matter, and asked them to just cut that little piece off. They did so, and handed me the sandwich.

For a smaller price than the national sub sandwich chains, you get more food. You also get more choices. With the national chains, your only choices are chips, soup (usually will cost more), or cookies. Jurassic offers these items, but they also offer homemade Greek pasta salad (highly recommended), or homemade "loaded" potato salad.

This is a family-run restaurant, and they treat you like family. You're not just "another customer" or "money walking". You're a guest. You're a friend. You're a person.

If you haven't guessed from the name, the restaurant is dinosaur-themed. There is a large mural on one of the walls, and replicas of dinosaur skulls mounted in the shop. There are also posters displaying the different dinosaurs from different eras, a major draw for kids, and the kids-at-heart. The sandwiches are also named after dinosaurs, but if you can't pronounce it, don't worry: They are numbered, or you can just call it by its traditional name ("meatball sub", "tuna sub").

The shop is located in a space in a small shopping center where a Quizno's once stood. They kept some of the Quizno's items, including the toaster oven, but everything else is original.

If you're ever in the Bremen area, or live in Bremen, and have yet to try Jurassic, I highly recommend trying them out. You will never want to go back to the national chains again.

Been to Jurassic Subs? Share your experiences!