“Bright Face on A cold night”

Holiday Inn Express Braselton
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Houston, Texas
“Bright Face on A cold night”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Was traveling from Texas to Virginia when as you all know, alternators don't give alot of warning when they are going out. Weather was light mist,starting to drop in temprature and was just after dark when lights started dimmimg and reared it's ugly head..... thank God the exit was right there, made it off ramp and to gas station and that was all she wrote. Triple AAA had to send a wrecker from 40 miles up the way to haul us across freeway .05 of a mile to Holiday Inn Express, road had black ice so you can imagine what worst case scenario would have been if we had been just a fraction of a minute off. So needless to say after 2 hr wait for tow,and traveling over 12 hrs straight we needed a room. Lisa T. was a angel to meet and her warm, personality was refreshing even under worst circumamstance. Will be making this my stopping spot from here on out when making this trip........ Breakfast was nice. rooms nice and staff we met are all so kind and caring!!!! Navy mom

Room Tip: Ask for help locating privacy curtains, their neatly behind blinds...lol.. I had to ask. Another cus...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Kyle Steele gave excellent customer service & should be recognized! :) He was courteous, always displaying friendliness to our group of children and their parents.
Very helpful to our group: a Travel soccer team from McDonough, GA.
We visited in August 2012 for a weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Sandy at the registration desk was awesome - she recommended great places to eat. The room was a little smaller than what I've found in other Holiday Inn Express locations but overall experience was good. Everything was clean, and breakfast was good. Would stay here again. Easy access to interstate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Panama City, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This property seems old, the rooms are very small, as well as the public spaces, and it is very overpriced. Our room was a king bed, non-smoking. There was barely enough room to walk around the bed. The air conditioner was a wall unit that smelled like mold. There was mold on the grout in the shower/tub. The bathroom counter was very shallow and small. The bed was a very cheap,spring mattress. When I asked if our room was smaller than others the hotel front desk staff said they are all the same size and that maybe thy are smaller than most hotels.
The rooms have a tiny table with two chairs in the corner, and I could only find one open plug to plug in my laptop. Forget about charging phones or other items unless you won't to plug them n the bathroom. This was more along the lines of a $30-$40 per night motel, definitely not worth the $95/night plus fees I was charged using my frequent traveler rate.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chuck R
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Braselton, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Chuck R,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Flat Rock
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We often stay at Hi Express so there is general expectation to the quality. This hotel was fine although there was a strong odor at the top of the stairs. We walked to the Hotel Élan for meals and drinks on each of our three nights stay which was the most enjoyable part of staying here.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Stayed at on the same floor the week before for 2 nights without a problem. Stayed there on Wednesday in room 220 and found out by the end of the next day that I had been bitten >50 times. As I showed an alergic reaction to the bites I have had 3 days of hell. The worrying thing now is have I brought any of the little buggers back home with me.
Called to complain and have not got any where. The manager has not called me back.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank adam l
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Braselton, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear adam l,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is my 2nd time to stay at this location and it won't be my last! It's right across the street (Hwy) from Chateau Elan. Everyone there is very helpful. It's a quiet place to get away from it all, without really being away from it all! You aren't far from shopping/outlet mall. This is the perfect getaway for myself and my boyfriend who lives not far from here. I will continue to stay here as long as they don't go up on the prices! I would have given them a 5 Circle rating, but there are a few issues. They need a ramp for the luggage rack when you come in and out the front door. They also need to keep the breakfast bar stocked better. Lots of things were already empty by 730am. Some air conditioners don't work as well as others. Some drains drain slower than others. Other than that, it does what it needs to do.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Best Western Braselton Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Jefferson
Hampton Inn & Suites Flowery Branch
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Braselton? Share your experiences!