“Good for a visit.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Gainesville, Georgia
“Good for a visit.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Food prices are elevated because of the location. Menu items are somewhat sparse. Noisy because of alcohol being served. Patronized my people who see their worth elevated which somehow required them to be louder that necessary.

• Visited April 2013

Athens, Georgia
“Good food, great values for lunch - but can be slow if busy”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have eaten at Houndstooth several times, and always enjoyed what I had. Ground hamburger steak, Cajun Pasta, Fried shrimp, all were excellent. But a few weeks ago we came and though we were one of the first people in for lunch, we were one of the last served. I don't know what happened, but it appeared some of the wait staff didn't show up. The next time, we got right in and out. I would recommend it.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank terryLCO
Stanwood, Michigan
“Good food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have eaten at the Houndstooth Grill many times, we typically just grab a booth in the bar area. We enjoy the food here and typically receive good service too. Give it a try.

• Visited April 2012
Atlanta
“Sure beats the chain restaurants!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, I decided this was the place to take our out of town friends who were visiting in the area. We arrived around 5:30 on a Saturday night and were quickly seated. I was immediately struck by how well decorated the restaurant was -- not what I was expecting in a strip shopping center.

After having a rather large and late lunch, I opted for a lighter fare of a bowl of French onion soup and a slice of the quiche of the day, which I was surprised to learn was ham AND bacon. The soup was excellent and the wedge of quiche was extra tall and quite filling. Although pretty salty (big surprise, there), it was very good. Our friends had no complaints about their seafood and salads, but my husband's prime rib was overdone (though not so much that he sent it back). The service was just right and even though the restaurant was filling up, we were not rushed.

All in all, I was very happy with my choice and would definitely return to explore their interesting menu at another time.

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Burger!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Thanks to the Country Inn & Suites for recommending! The Houndstooth Grill has the best mushroom burgers!! I will defintely come back!

Visited October 2012