“Beautiful resort with good wine and great food!”

Chateau Elan Winery And Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Reviewed February 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed overnight at the Chateau Elan for a little get away. We had the most fabulous time. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are wonderful. We had lunch at Paddy's Pub. It is a very cute little Irish Pub right outside the hotel. We then took a tour of the winery and took part in the wine tasting. The wines are good. Not great, but descent. We had dinner at the Cafe Elan. Fabulous!!! I had the lamb chop and my husband had the filet w/ brie. We then finished the night in the hotel lounge for one last drink. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AtlantaBirdy

Reviewed January 27, 2011

I did have a problem with this hotel, but the management staff is exceptional. Great customer service.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ssmaharaj0225
Reviewed January 24, 2011

From the time we pulled in to check in, the staff were nice, courteous, and really did everything possible to make sure every moment there enjoyable. The winery had the best food. The French Onion Soup was to die for. It was similar to that served in Germany. The entire site is immaculate.

We enjoyed service and absolutely EVERYTHING was fresh, hot, and served in 30 minutes or less. All meals were made with fresh ingredients and made on site. The rooms were clean with fresh linens, and nothing out of place. I would travel there just to have lunch at the winery. I am sure I gained 5 pounds sampling the various dishes on all of the menus. A great place stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I was wanting a weekend getaway so my husband and I choose Chateau Elan. We were able to get a good price I thought but then about a week before our trip, CE ran a MLK weekend special-I wish I would have waited to book to say the least. We arrived at CE...our check-in was easy and we were able to check-in a little early. The rooms looked recently updated, were of good size with a mini fridge and coffee maker, beds were comfy, flat screen TV and the bathroom had a tub and shower. Everyone was nice and accommodating at CE but everything was pricey. We showed up at breakfast and dinner on time and there were maybe 2 other couples eating. I made reservations for breakfast and dinner as the website said. Why did we have to make reservations? Being a guest at the hotel, you would think you get some type of perks...the only activity that is free is hiking...maybe the wine tour and tasting could be free or at least receive a discount but it was $10 a person. A glass of their own wine was at least $6 at any CE restaurant and a bottle of Scarlet was $20 when you purchase it from the winery but at Versailles its $40! Needless to say, buy a bottle of wine and enjoy it before or after dinner...not during dinner. Breakfast was average...but not worth the price. I have to say dinner at Versailles was very good...I recommend the Zucchini cakes as an appetizer. I did get to experience a facial at the spa, which was very nice and relaxing but then after the facial they advised me of some products I could use to clean and moisturize my face. I was not obligated to purchase anything but all I wanted to do was relax after my facial. Also...hot or warm water in the shower is impossible...they have it blocked where you can't turn it hot. So I had to get in the bath for warm or hot water, then get in the shower to wash and rinse off. To top off everything, we went to L'Auberge for appetizers and drinks Saturday night and to listen to the Melvin Banks..and the Atlanta game was on so he didn't start on time and then he hardly played. After the game went off...he was like a DJ...not a saxophone player. I would like to mention we received great service from Josh and Michael at L'Auberge, Graeme our winery tour guide, Alecia our waitress at Versailles, Linda at Fleur de Lis, and Sandra that did my facial. We have been to several resorts out of the U.S. and even one of the Premier Resorts but I think this one was average and very pricey. I was looking for a nice romantic weekend getaway...and it turned out to be an expensive disappointing weekend.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ande070806
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Hello, I am writing to let you know that my visit to the Chateau Elan was not a very good one. It was the first time my husband and I visited the Chateau and was expecting to be in awe with the experience, instead we received no turn down service or maid service and one night of no sleep(due to rowdy neighbors). When the front desk was informed, there were no apologies and we were asked on our last night if we would like to move to another room but by that time we were already in bed and it was very late at night. The maid service was corrected on the second night with clean towels.

My husband and I have travelled to several states in the US and stayed at very prestigious hotels including the Ritz Carlton at Washington, DC and I must say we were expecting the same service from the Chateau. I will say that we do not plan to visit any time in the future. We were very disappointed.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ssmaharaj
Reviewed January 14, 2011

My husband and I photographed a wedding at Chateau Elan this fall and had the pleasure of staying at the resort the day before and the evening after the wedding.

Only a 45 minute drive from Atlanta, arriving at Chateau Elan is like you're entering a totally different world.

From the moment you walk through the doors into the lobby with a cheerful crackling fire to the time you arrive at your luxurious room you feel completely at ease.

The rooms are clean and the furnishings are modern and pleasing.

The hotel staff were friendly and the event staff were extremely capable.

The wedding ceremony was held outside on the Matisse lawn overlooking the beautiful golf course and the gorgeous landscaping. For the cocktail hour and reception guests made their way to the Monte Carlo ballroom inside.

As a photographer I was delighted by all of the different places to take pictures around Chateau. The perfectly manicured hedges outside of the winery are lovely and the vineyard is just stunning.

The best part about shooting a wedding there was that after it was over, we didn't have to leave the property! We simply went upstairs to our room and relaxed a while before going to bed.

We'll be back next fall for another wedding and we can't wait!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank QueenBecca037
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I live in Atlanta and I go back to this spa over and over again. The customer service is outstanding. You pay for a spa treatment, and then you have access to the facilities for the day. To go to the spa for the day is like taking a vacation without leaving town. After going there several times a year for the past five years, there are two employees that merit a mention by name, Linda in the spa dining and Amanda, who I request every time for my massage. Customer service is, truly, their passion. If you want to get every penny out of a trip to a spa, this is the place! I receive a gift certificate each year for Christmas, and it is my favorite present, HANDS DOWN! Each year my expectations are exceeded, and that is hard to do! Well done, Mr. Evers! You run a great place.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank smmmdt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Holiday Inn Express Braselton
Best Western Braselton Inn
Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
#1 of 12 in Gainesville

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!