“Spa Delight and Sciatic Relief”

Chateau Elan Winery And Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and i recently had the pleasure of spending the night at the Spa at Chateau Elan where we were treated like royalty and partook of the wonderful pool, whirlpool, steam and sauna and delightful meals in the Spa restaurant. It was the first time we truly relaxed and found peace and time out from the stress of life in a very long time. Six months ago i was practically crippled with pain from sciatic nerve issues. I have spent the intervening time with a physical therapist building a strong core and correcting the misalignment my body has suffered from 31 years of carrying children and laundry baskets around on my right hip. Our spa trip included a couples massage, and I specifically requested a massage therapist experienced in sciatic issues, and was assigned their head therapist, Towanda. This woman had hands of iron coated in gold. She asked me many questions, then worked every inch of sciatic nerve from my spine to my toes painlessly and so effectively that the final vestiges of sciatic numbness have receded and my spine has loosened up so that it is more receptive to the shift I am making in my stance. Towanda is a resource that should not be overlooked. I will be back in two weeks so that she can continue to help me improve. I was truly blessed and so grateful for the entire experience.

Room Tip: The Spa suite we spent the night in was perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,605)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I visited Chateau Elan with two of my best friends and their husbands over Valentine's Day weekend. There were two weddings going on at the property and it was Valentine's Day weekend when we visited. The property is very beautiful and has a lot of potential, but the staff clearly was unprepared for a very busy weekend.
We made our reservations more than 6 weeks in advance of our arrival and every special request we made with our reservations was not honored. My friends and I live around 4 hours apart, so we wanted to enjoy as much time together as possible. We requested that our rooms be next to each other and were assured that they would be. Two rooms ended up being together, the other room was two floors and a very long walk away. When we asked that the rooms be changed, we were told it wasn't possible since the hotel was booked. We were told we would receive a credit on our bill, since our room was not as requested in the reservation. One of my friends had purchased a large gift basket at the winery that afternoon and asked that it be delivered to my other friend's room. The basket was delivered to a different person's room, but upon inquiry about the location of the missing basket, the staff brought the empty gift basket to my friend's room--the other couple who mistakenly received the basket had already pillaged through it and taken everything out of it. Eventually the basket was replaced, but that was strike 2 for customer service. Strike 3 came with our dinner reservation, which was in Cafe Elan. As we had a large group, we had reserved the largest table they have, which is in the center of the restaurant underneath the gazebo. When we learned about the problem with our rooms, we asked the front desk supervisor to ensure that our dinner reservations were correct. She assured us they were. We arrived at dinner and, as I suspected, our table had already been given away, despite our reservation weeks in advance and assurance by the front desk manager that the table was reserved for us. Instead of being offered a different table, we were escorted to a bar to wait. We were given a bottle of champagne and a cheese plate that had 1 strawberry, 6 grapes, and 6 slices of cheese on it. After an hour and a half of waiting (it was now 8:30 p.m.), I went to ask that we be seated anywhere in the restaurant as we were all very hungry. We were finally seated around 8:45. The service was fair and the food was okay. I definitely would not have paid $100+ for the meal had it not been included in our package. It was buffet-style with lots of rare beef on it. If you ask for the beef to be cooked to a different temperature, the average wait was 20-30 minutes. Dinner was an epic fail for Chateau Elan. Strike 4 came at check-out when I discovered I had received no credit on our bill for all the problems we had during our stay. Eventually it was applied, but I should not have had to ask for it after so many repeated problems.
As for positives from the experience, I got to see my best friends, which was great. The Irish pub has great food and okay service. The breakfast buffet the next morning at Cafe Elan was good. And, incidentally, we were seated at another large table in the restaurant....which showed me that they had multiple large tables that they could have seated us at for dinner the previous night. The property is beautiful. Otherwise, I would think twice before spending the amount of money I did at this resort. I was hugely disappointed with what was supposed to be a wonderful romantic weekend getaway and visit with my best friends. The staff cannot accommodate special requests and multiple large groups at the same time. The response that we received from management about our repeated problems during our stay was far less that what I would have expected at a high end resort.

Room Tip: Speak directly to a manager to make reservations or if you have any special requests and get his/her...
1  Thank SKQ
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The first weekend in March we got to go back to Chateau Elan and again for a wedding. We were able to get a suite the first night even though the hotel was booked and the second night we stayed at the villas. Wow the villa was newly renovated and it was just beautiful. Hakan and Koray were super nice and funny, we enjoyed both of them very much.
We had dinner on Friday night in the Caskroom and again the food was prepared nicely. The Caskroom looked even better this time.
On Saturday we had lunch in Cafe, Robert was our server and he did a wonderful job. The food was amazing as always. John the restaurant manager, Chris the deputy general manager, as well as Chef Justin stopped by to make sure we were good taking care off. Southern hospitality at its finest.
We had again a wonderful time at Chateau Elan and hope to come back in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Our group of business owners was treated very well by the Chateau Elan staff. We had great service, excellent meeting facilities and fine food. The personalized welcome by Henk Evers, General Manager, set the tone for a terrific event.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Chateau elan is the perfect place for a romantic getaway. The rooms are beautiful as are the grounds. Many resturants to choose from, all with fantastic food. The customer service is outstanding. We also did the wine maker wanna be. We had so much fun we can't wait to go back!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Val W
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great stay! Lovely resort! Awesome staff! My husband and I visited Chateau Élan as a quick bday weekend getaway (we drove from Bham, AL). It was a surprise trip for his bday, and he enjoyed every minute of it. The couples massage was great as well as the pedicure, wine tour, and cooking demo. Last but not least, the politeness and very accommodating shuttle drivers were the best! The only down side and suggestion I have for the resort is to consider offering more meat options for breakfast in the Versailles restaurant; my husband does not eat beef or pork and there were no other meat options, so he was a bit disappointed with his breakfast. Turkey bacon or turkey sausage would be a great menu addition.

Thx for a wonderful stay!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We traveled to Chateau Elan in Braselton GA for a our 41th wedding anniversary. The hotel and staff were exceptional. The grounds and property was clean and beautiful for the season. Staff was friendly and helpful throughout our stay. All the personal touches were thoughtful and surprising. "Elijah" in the Versailles restaurant was helpful and knowledgeable to each item on the menu. Can't say enough good things about Chateau Elan.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville
Jameson Inn Winder
Jameson Inn Winder
#1 of 2 in Winder

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!