“Bday Weekend Getaway”

Chateau Elan Winery And Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great stay! Lovely resort! Awesome staff! My husband and I visited Chateau Élan as a quick bday weekend getaway (we drove from Bham, AL). It was a surprise trip for his bday, and he enjoyed every minute of it. The couples massage was great as well as the pedicure, wine tour, and cooking demo. Last but not least, the politeness and very accommodating shuttle drivers were the best! The only down side and suggestion I have for the resort is to consider offering more meat options for breakfast in the Versailles restaurant; my husband does not eat beef or pork and there were no other meat options, so he was a bit disappointed with his breakfast. Turkey bacon or turkey sausage would be a great menu addition.

Thx for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,603)

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We traveled to Chateau Elan in Braselton GA for a our 41th wedding anniversary. The hotel and staff were exceptional. The grounds and property was clean and beautiful for the season. Staff was friendly and helpful throughout our stay. All the personal touches were thoughtful and surprising. "Elijah" in the Versailles restaurant was helpful and knowledgeable to each item on the menu. Can't say enough good things about Chateau Elan.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I am just back from a four night stay at the Chateau Elan, I was on business for a conference (ECRM). I cannot say enough about the venue and the staff. The accommodations were superb! The rooms were very high end, it reminded me of the rooms in Europe, big comfy beds with lots of pillows, spa tolietries, in room refrigerator and personal sized coffee maker. Large bathrooms with tub and separate large glass shower. Very clean and very spacious. One note, the beds are high beds though, I am a bit petite, but it was doable for me.

The meals that we had in their Pavilion (buffet and sit down) were excellent. The one evening where we had our meal in the Chateau's winery was truly a perfectly wonderful experience, the wines were excellent and plentiful. The winery staff was very accommodating and quick to please. I can imagine returning for a romantic weekend or maybe a great girls weekend!

One standout employee, a bellman named Frank was quite wonderful. We had changed rooms once just for a better view and he moved us to the next rooms, he was extremely pleasant and his customer service skills were just awesome! He was knowledgeable about the resort and was very happy to answer all our questions. But he REALLY did shine on my last day there, I had my car in valet and needed help moving all my exhibit materials and products to my car. I wasn't looking forward to my long drive back to NC (7 hours). Frank arrived to the ballroom so quickly after my request for a bellman, that he was able to help me pack the materials, helped disassemble a stand which wouldn't come apart and got all of it on the cart in a fraction of the time that I would have been able to do it. And then, he moved around all the items in my car to fit all the boxes among the suitcases and bags. He did this with a smile and a great sense of humor. He was the nicest most polite young man that I have encountered in a long time. I do alot of shows all over the country and international and I will never forget Frank. He sold me on returning to this resort above and beyond the accommodations. An all around wonderful experience at Chateau Elan Winery and Resort. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I wasn't able to use the spa facilities due to our schedule, however others did and were very co...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My family and I recently dined at the Chateau Elan resort for breakfast. It was a wonderful way to spend a Sunday morning. The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable, as always. The staff even took the time to tell us about the upcoming renovations. The plans look lovely.

My husband and I had recently been on a trip to a very nice inn that we enjoy in Asheville, NC. We've been many times and always have loved the food there, but we both noticed how much better the food tasted at Chateau Elan. We live nearby, so we go fairly often to eat, visit the winery, or have services at the spa. We are never disappointed...always superb!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Just what we needed for a relaxing weekend getaway. We only spent one night here at the Spa on the property but it was extremely calm and made us wish we could stay longer. The winery was delightful and an excellent way to spend a saturday through the tour and tasting. Also, the food, staff and suites were impeccable and we cannot wait to return for a longer stay soon! Excellent choice for a romantic getaway.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My girlfriend and I came to Chateau Elan this weekend for the "Winemaker Wannabe" experience. This is an experience where you have a tour of the winery, sample a variety of their wines, then make your own blend of wines to be bottled to take home.

We arrived Saturday around 1pm. The check-in experience was speedy and the lady at the front desk was very pleasant. The room was nice enough with a spacious bathroom. I wish there was a mini-bar of some type in the room for water, but it's no big deal. I found the bed to be extremely comfortable, my girlfriend was less impressed by it, though.

Next we walked over to the winery and enjoyed the "premium" flight of wines. This is a tasting of 13 different wines. Everybody we dealt with was very pleasant. One thing you should know if you are going to this winery and don't know a ton about wine (like myself) most of the wine they make here is very sweet. So if you are more of a fan of the bold red wines than the sweet whites, this may not be the place for you. I am not a fan of sweet wine, so by the end of the flight I was definitely ready for a break. The three red wines we tried (a Pinot Noir, a Scarlett and a Barbera) were all decent, although none were quite bold enough for my taste. The decor in the winery was a bit subpar in my opinion. Not the end of the world, but it didn't have the romantic feel that I had anticipated from the photos online.

After the flight we got changed for dinner. We had 6pm reservations at Cafe Elan. We were seated promptly and our server was excellent. The food was good enough, but all of the flavors fell a little flat for me. The $120 bill was a little too pricey for the quality in my opinion.

After dinner the winemaker wannabe experience started. The tour was ok.. the tour guides were great, but the mic they used had a terrible echo in the large room and I couldn't make out most of what they said. I'm not sure they could do much to fix that besides have smaller tour groups. The wine tasting was fun and educational. Everybody there was having a good time. We had tried all of the wines earlier, so we knew which we liked and didn't. Then it was time to mix the wines to make your own concoction. This was fun, but the tour guides let us know that you should drink the wine within a month to prevent it from going bad. Since you get to put a custom label on the wine, we were hoping to save it for our wedding day, so we asked if it was possible to just put a label on a bottle of Scarlett so that it will keep longer without going bad. We were told this would be fine, and they took down our room number and said that the wine would be delivered in the morning.

After the experience we went to Paddy's and L'auberge and had a few more drinks before turning in for the night at the room. I had chocolate covered strawberries delivered and they were delicious.

The next morning, neither of us felt up to going to breakfast after almost 12 straight hours of drinking wine the day before. So we just lounged in the bed and watched tv for the morning. Had I been giving the rating at this point, Chateau Elan would be getting 3.5 stars, which I would have rounded up to 4. The biggest downsides being the decor and not super impressive, yet expensive, food. But at about 10:00am I noticed that we had not yet received the bottle of wine from last night. So I called down to guest services to ask about it and make sure that there was nothing I needed to do. The lady told me she was going to call over to the wine market and ask for the status of the bottle and call me right back. About 45 minutes later I still hadn't been called back or received the bottle so I called again. This time they told me that the wine market had just finished up the bottle but they didn't have our room number to send it up, now that they had it, they would send it up right away. Another 45 minutes go by, still no bottle. It is now about 11:30 and we have to check out at 12. I am getting a little irritated as we are ready to go and are only still there because we are waiting on the bottle. I call guest services again. I explain that I called once and did not get called back, called again and was told it was coming, and now checkout time is approaching and I need to know what to do. She did not offer any apologies, said she would call the wine market and call me right back. 12:00 rolls around (30 minutes later) and she has still not called me back. So I decide that I will just go downstairs and stand out front of them until they figure it out. Javier at the front desk did do his best to help after I explained what had happened and did apologize at the end. He said that his manager went to look for the bottle and could not find it. Javier called the wine market and had them make me another bottle. I do not understand why his manager would not have walked over to apologize. I sat in my room waiting for 2 hours and then had to go downstairs to deal with it myself. I spent $600 at the Chateau Elan in less than 24 hours and they cannot even call me back when they say they will? And the manager can't come apologize for the inconvenience? I left truly disgusted by the lack of hospitality I received from guest services. This really ruined a stay that had already been slightly less impressive than I had expected. I do not intend to return.

4  Thank ryanbaril
Reviewed February 23, 2014

From the moment we arrived - to the moment of departure, our experience was amazing! Frank from Austria was a personal joy! He multi tasks from the best Bellhop with a treasured personality to our daily weatherman to shuttle driver to informed tour guide! Our favorite activity and an absolute MUST is the Cooking Class at the winery. Chef Carrie is fantastic! She is very knowledgeable, teaches you great shortcut secrets and has great patience for the beginners! Our menu included Scallops and Lamb! Kelsey was Chefs assistant and she was very attentive and made certain our evening was complete. We ate at Versailles, Paddys Pub and enjoyed food and nightlife at L'Aubuerge Lounge - all, of which, were great! We can not wait to return for the new wines that will be aged well and ready later this year. Next trip we will do a Spa Package, as we enjoy Couples Massages. Smiles and excellence from every staff member we met! We hope to do annual trips. Enjoyed so much.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville
Jameson Inn Winder
Jameson Inn Winder
#1 of 2 in Winder

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!