“All you want, Chateau Elan has it covered, for HIM and HER!”

Chateau Elan Winery And Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Buford, Georgia
“All you want, Chateau Elan has it covered, for HIM and HER!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I recently celebrated our 40th Birthdays (6 days apart) at Chateau Elan, and our expectations were more than just met! This property allowed us to experience our own individual time of relaxation coupled with our together time to focus on each other. My wife started the day with a great morning workout in the Spa located on property, followed by sauna, an hour of reading, then to her treatments. Foot massage, neck, shoulder and back massage, and the Chateau Signature Facial(her favorite!). She enjoyed lunch in the Spa as well, then more afternoon pampering and relaxing. I was able to get in a round of morning golf, back for a shower and a quick nap, then over to Paddy's Irish Pub for lunch and some of the Best Guinness outside of Ireland. After that, I was able to relax in our room until time to get ready for dinner. For dinner, we chose Cafe Elan inside the fully operational Winery. The food was excellent, and we enjoyed a bottle of 2010 Chateau Elan Merlot, which I would recommend to anyone who loves a fruity, drinkable red with character to accompany their meal. After that, we enjoyed the on-site live music at Paddy's and in L'auberge, which also had a DJ for those that chose to extend the night out into the morning. All said, not many places you can go and experience all the many amenitites on one property like you can at Chateau Elan! What a Gem!

Room Tip: The corner suites offer the feel of staying in a castle, where you have multiple views from 2 sides...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Cumming, Georgia, Usa
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is what I sent to Henk Evers - President/CEO

"Hi Henk,

My wife and I spent this past Saturday night under your Bed and Breakfast Escape. I wanted to tell you how much we enjoyed ourselves and how friendly everyone was on your staff.

One of the many great things that stood out was seeing you everywhere making sure guests were taken care of. I told my wife that you must have a twin or been cloned. We saw you everywhere. I told some of your staff that normally does not happen with upper management. I have been in operations and sales all my career and that is rare to see Management that involved. Good for you and your staff.

It was our 23rd wedding anniversary and I cannot thank you enough for making it a wonderful experience. My wife and I have been telling all our friends and co-workers how nice our weekend was. They have to go check out your escape. I am sure you will get some future reservations from us spreading the word and we will be back.

Keep up the great work. Thanks again."

One tip i can give- we really enjoyed the wine tasting, but i had not eaten and our dinner reservations were not for a couple of hours and i was hungry.Only food i saw was some tiny bready squares. I have low blood sugar and needed some protein. I would have been more than happy to buy some cheese and crackers or some other appetizer. You could have made another sale - if available. Other than that, great atmosphere and wondeful service. Love the staff that works at entire property.

Room Tip: Seemed a little bit warm- cranked down air. Other than that - Perfect!!
Hebron, Kentucky
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at a corporate event at Chateau Elan and stayed at the Inn. The façade, and lobby areas are large and luxurious looking...lots of marble and high ceilings and French provincial furniture.

I stayed in Room 459 which was spacious with 2 double beds (might have been 2 Queen sized?). However, I was disappointed to find:
a. A mirror that was standing up against the wall which was full of spots (i.e. looked like the mirror finish was deteriorating).
b, The shower head in the bathroom on which the escutcheon was loose and therefore exposing the crude plumbing behind it (see picture)
c. The heating/AC vent which was dusty and greasy and in need of a thorough vacuuming and wipe down (see picture).

Finally, even though house keeping made up the bed and cleaned the sink and replaced towels, it appeared that they did not wipe down or clean the shower. Look at the image that is posted which shows the condition of the shower/tub after house keeping had left. The wash cloth that I used as well as the container of body wash was in exactly the same condition as when I stepped out of the tub.

For $300+ a night for the room, I would expect that a resort of this type would be immaculate and impeccably maintained and serviced. Unfortunately not; I've had better facilities and housekeeping services at a Courtyard for about 1/3rd of the price. I'm glad that I did not pay for this stay out of my own pocket (corporate sponsored event).

On the plus side, the food and service at the restaurants was top class. The grounds are beautiful and the pool looked very inviting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank KY Resident
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2013

While our accommodations were wonderful, we were extremely dissappointed in the "tennis facilities". They were in need of major repair. The photos on the Chateau Élan website misrepresent the current conditions of this amenity. Please see photos that we uploaded.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JanieDL
Michigan
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Recently stated at Chateau Elan for a business meeting and was really blow away by the place and the people. Just a beautiful setting, a lot of activities for people of all ages. Rooms were great, staff were very helpful and kind. Although the wine requires a bit of improvement it was an overall great visit. Far exceed my expectations.

Room Tip: plan ahead and figure out what you want to do before you get there. Their event planning team does a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bradenton, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I wanted to take a minute to thank you and your staff for an outstanding experience at the Chateau Elan from Wednesday to Sunday of last week. I am a trial lawyer by trade, and also drive sports cars professionally. In both capacities, I have been able to stay in some exceptional hotels and resorts. I have stayed at the Chateau Elan many times over the years, a few times individually, but usually with one of my race teams.

It is a rare occurrence when a resort consistently gets everything right, but the Chateau Elan always delivers just that. The grounds are beautiful, the spa is amazing, the food is exceptional, and the customer service is truly first rate. I do not write many reviews like this because, candidly, when you stay at a high end resort, you should find all of these qualities, but you and your staff go far beyond even those high end standards. The reservation department, doormen, bellmen, front desk, servers, spa personnel and everyone else I encountered truly understood the concept of selling service.

When I thought things could get no better, then there was Kimberly Cole, without a doubt the most amazing employee in a service organization that I have ever seen. She took a perfect trip and made it exponentially better.

I can't wait to return again. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have always enjoyed Chatea Elan for quick getaways but now this place is even more special for us. We had our wedding at Chateau Elan on August 31, 2013. I am extremely impressed by their service and professionalism. They have the most dedicated, most professional staff to make you and your guests feel so welcomed. I originally planned my ceremony outside, but unfortunately it rained an hour before the start time. Chateau Elan staff was so quick to respond and to create a beautiful ceremony site for us at the ballroom. All of my guests were very impressed.

Regretably, I hired a wedding planner that did not help much and in fact complicated many things before and during my wedding. Chateau Elan even took on my wedding planner's responsibilities. Especially Dawn Tibbles (events director) and Anil Ozcelik (catering director) made our day an unforgettable one by going above and beyond what would be expected of them.

All the family members from out of town had a great time as well, enjoying the beautiful views and amenities including the pool and the golf course. I recommend Chateau Elan to anyone planning to have a wedding or anyone looking for a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but the Corner Suite is absolutely beautiful!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Holiday Inn Express Braselton
Best Western Braselton Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in Winder

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!