“Wonderful Spa Weekend”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Atlanta, GA
“Wonderful Spa Weekend”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted to take a "staycation" so we traveled to Chateau Elan just north of town. Our desire to have a relaxing and enjoyable time was accomplished! We were fortunuate enough to stay in one of the spa suites, and appreciated the convenience of walking to our treatments and the spa restaurant in our bathrobes. The facilities, services, grounds, food, wine and amenities were all five star. More importantly, the staff was knowledgable, talented, attentive and friendly. Overall, it was a great getaway from the city. We enthusiastically recommend Chateau Elan for couples looking for an escape. We will return in the future.

Room Tip: If you are going for spa treatments, chose the spa suites.
1 Thank Robert M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Smyrna, Georgia, Usa
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed on the property 6/27-28 2013, my stay was so pleasant and enjoyable. I must give level 10 props to Mr. Henk Evers, he is the best. Hoe can one man be every where??? my thoughts, because he chearish and love this facility and wants to make sure all his customers are satisified and repeat customers. I love this this property, will be returning.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Villas, I rate a 10 + thats just how amazing everything was
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Millstone, New Jersey
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family of 5 and I traveled from New Jersey to Atlanta for my younger sister's wedding. What a spectacular event! From the time we drove on to Chateau's premises to parking, to check in, to the rooms, to the stay, to check out, everything was perfect. I have nothing bad to stay. Impeccable grounds, outstanding courteous service, and beautiful romantic ambience (even with 3 kids). I highly recommend this resort for relaxation and definitely for events. We will certainly be back to relax. If you're looking for a place not far from the hustle and bustle of Atlanta this is it!

Room Tip: We were on the side that overlooked where outdoor weddings take place. Fantastic view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Once we arrived at the beautiful Chateau Elan, we never left for our entire stay. We had everything we wanted at our fingertips. The room was comfortable and clean. The pool was spacious. The dining rooms had everything you could want. There were plenty of hiking trails, golf courses and tennis courts. We didn't use the spa but we heard it is marvelous.
If there is one thing I wish this beautiful Chateau Elan offered, it would be private balconies. The grounds are superb and I would love to have had coffee in the morning or a glass of wine at night overlooking the golf course, which was in our view from our window. There was really no where we could sit and the beauty is under appreciated if after a full and active day, you cannot sit and enjoy it.

Room Tip: Enjoy the winery.
atlanta,ga
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Many locals go to Chateau Elan for romantic weekend. Hubby and I did a four hour couple massage and scub at the Spa. We also had lunch in the suite where we had our services. It also included chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. I will say the scrub was just wee bit harsh. I should have asked for a more gentle rub down but my skin was oh so soft. You are allowed to wear the spa robes for the entire day but just there...not outside! There is also a beautiful "tea" room where yes there are crumpets and tea but you can also order lunch and eat in your robe. One more thing about the robes-we got 2 free because of the package we purchased!

Now for the hotel-
Beautiful atrium and more than likely if you stay over the weekend you are bound to see a wedding! I will agree with another reviewer, unless someone covers the door leading to the pools, you will see people in swimsuits. Brides beware! I know someone that can help you with beautiful fabric screening. If your reception is in the ballrooms, no worries on swimsuits.

Beds-Stayed in a king room. Very comfy!

Breakfast buffet-Not bad but not over the top. Omelettes are made to order. Other good hot items and pastries.

Tuscan Under the Stars event-

You must do this even if you are not staying overnite. You might change your mind afterwords. This is dinner with others out in the vineyards. Several courses are served with wine for tasting. You will definitely get a buzz. The chef we had was superb. Chateau Elan has also hired a new wine person to help improve their wine offerings. They have even planted new grapes. From what I could tell, he is doing a good job. He's Italian and if your lucky his wife will join you. She is French and they are a cute pair and very entertaining. This was one of the best food and wine experinences I've had. I also recommend you take your sunglasses with you as this starts as the sun is setting.

Overall experience rates 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

From the moment I turn LEFT onto the property of Chateau Elan, my breath was taken away by the meticulously manicured grounds, the beauty and elegance of the resort and by the superb hotel staff. Every person that I encountered was very hospitable. I was just in awe of how beautiful the entire facility is...from the entrance to the end of the walking trail and all points in between, the luxurious spa, the winery and my hotel room. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I have tasted. There was definitely something on the menu for everyone.

I needed a getaway for myself. I didn't want to drive a long distance away from Atlanta. Chateau Elan was the perfect spot. It is less than an hour's drive. I definitely plan to come again but next time, encourage others to come along. I look forward to my next "rose petal turndown."

Cathy

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at Chateau Élan for 2 nights for our friends wedding that took place in April. When we arrived we had lunch at Cafe Élan. The table was set up nice and the food was great. Our server was John and he did a great job.
The rehearsal dinner was at the beautiful Caskroom at the winery. It was a perfect setting to ring in the wedding celebration. The staff was very nice and the food was delicious, nice presentation, flavors were all there and the food came out hot. After the dinner we went to the Atrium and had dessert and drinks, which was the perfect spot to mingle.
On Saturday while everyone got ready for the wedding I was able to go to Paddy’s and enjoy a quick lunch and a good beer, Sonja was my server and I enjoyed talking to her. The food there is also very good, overall just a great pub to hang out.
The wedding ceremony took place at the Atrium, the setting was absolutely gorgeous. After our two friends said yes to each other, we went over to the Pavilion for dinner and dance. The food and service was fantastic, just the whole evening was great.
After long days of celebration, we went for breakfast in Versailles which was great.
Staff members that stuck out for us was, Chris Senden, Hakan Hendekli, Anil (sorry can't remember his last name), Sonja, John, Kathy and Bobby in Versailles, Cherrie, Carlos and his banquet staff. I am missing a lot of people, but the entire staff there is just fantastic.
Chateau Élan is just a wonderful place to be.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Holiday Inn Express Braselton
Best Western Braselton Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in Winder

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!