“Treasured memories at an elegant castle”

Chateau Elan Winery And Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Atlanta, Georgia
“Treasured memories at an elegant castle”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Chateau Elan hosted my wedding, and it was unforgettable. I'm not the most well-seasoned traveler, but from what other luxury hotels that I've stayed at, none can even come close to matching the extraordinary level of customer service that Chateau Elan's staff offers. To my surprise and delight, the Front Desk staff upgraded my husband and I to a suite after our ceremony, and it was thoughtfully prepared with rose petals, champagne, and chocolate-covered strawberries. The only complaint from my Mother-in-Law were the distractions from bystanders in the walkway above the Atrium watching the wedding. Thank you Chateau Elan for your outstanding dedication to service, your beautiful property, and for making my wedding day one that I'll cherish.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Duluth
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Wife thought I'd like the "night golf" here for my b-day on their 9 hole course. I've done the chateau and woodlands a few times and typically enjoy the course conditions.... but glow in the dark golf? Well check-in was no prob, the room was stellar and the course was right around the side of the hotel.... after they started us off with a cocktail bar my doubts about the evening golf were gone. To be fair though, I'll need to try this course out in the DAY to be able to comment on how it should really be played. All and all really surprised and pleased, definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Chateau Elan has proven time and time again that it is an excellent escape. As a working professional in Atlanta I've been to the property several times, some for work and some for pleasure. This time I decided to go with a few friends and we had a great time. Everything from the food to the staff is exceptional. We had a great time eating in Cafe Élan one night and then walked over to their Irish pub (Paddy's) for a few drinks, but every dining option we took that weekend was equally phenomenal. The courteous staff makes you feel at home and every request is met with a smile and is followed through on. I would highly recommend to take the opportunity to visit the property either just for a quick lunch if you are passing by or for a long weekend. It has never disappointed and I can't wait to head back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Why do we say it like going home. First it is the excellent service we receive. You are treated like you are special and that the Chateau would not be the same without your presence. The food is exquisite and if you are on a budget you can eat well, but not feel you that the menu is limited. Now if you want to really go all out say for instance on that special occasion, Chateau can accommodate you very nicely. The choice is always yours. The Chateau décor is always done in good taste. If you got a moment and I know you do, please go on their site and look at the newly renovated spa rooms, and the pool area. Even the exercise room invites you to come in to get a good workout. When you have family & friends want to come for a visit you can say "meet me at the Chateau", and then leave everything to the well trained excellent staff. Remember whatever happens at the Chateau STAY AT THE CHATEAU!

Room Tip: If you like for things to be quiet, then I would suggest staying in the rooms on 3.4,5
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank yahtzee--2
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 18, 2013

As always Chateau Elan does not disappoint. My daughter and I make it a habit of doing mother/daughter time here. Hot tub and fireplace are so relaxing. Dining was delicious at both Paddy's and Versailles. The best part of this trip was the orange vanilla bean cake dessert in bed.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank ECMLMAR
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I was referred by parents & a good friend & her husband that this is a premier luxury, beautiful resort.
First impressions were good. The staff was Friendly & helpful at checkin. Our room was were the problems started.
The toilet was dirty (brown ring in it, GROSS!), so I had to call for housekeeping to clean it. Then later after dinner we discovered that our A/C didn't work properly. We had to change rooms which was very inconvenient after we has already unpacked everything.
The food at dinner was mediocre at best. Not ill prepared but not delicious as we expected at a expensive luxury resort. The rooms were nice but not luxurious.
But again the staff was friendly. At checkout we decided to voice our concerns to the front desk manager since its our anniversary trip. She was attentive and friendly & literally took notes on all our concerns. She offered a complementary stay on our next visit if we'd be coming back to GA. We told her that we didn't have plans to be back & asked what else she could do for this trip. She called over Hank the GM. Hank appeared to be on his way to do something else but stopped over to hear her. She told him that we'd had several issues during our stay and asked what could be done. Hank said give them a $100 credit very curtly I might add. Then he asked what were the issues. I begin by telling him that the staff and personnel had great customer service presentation. However before I could finish he cut me off to say what were the problems, using a stern & direct voice. In other words, he did not want to hear the story in the way that I was telling him, he wanted me to get straight to the point. This made me feel as though I was wasting his time. At that point I changed my mind about the excellence of the customer service. As I talked, He took notes. When I mentioned the food at the dinner was mediocre. He asked if I'd told the waiters. I said no at which he frowned at me and said I should have told them. He quickly dismissed my other concerns and again said we would get $100 credit and thanked us for our stay. I reiterated the friendliness of the staff, and he said well that's the most important part and walked away. He was the rudest person I encountered during our stay.
I'll never go back to the Chateau Elan.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank joiscot
Lawrenceville, Georgia USA
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Chateau Elan Winery and Resort is a mix of attractions and amenities including a conference center, inn, villas, and winery. "Energize" packages i.e. golf, tennis, biking, hiking, and fitness are available. Several restaurants, all high-end ( for my budget) offer varied cuisines. However, I was treated by my son-in-law to Mother's Day Brunch in the Versailles Restaurant at Chateau Elan. Under an atrium taller than a football field on end, our maître d' showed our group of five to the shaded back of the huge room. She did "acquiesce" without comment, when we asked to be seated at a table in the sun. The wait-staff and chefs get an A+ for eagerness to please. Nevertheless, our smiling, hovering waiter, required asking several times for certain items. In all fairness, before critiquing the food, I should admit, gourmet would not even make my bucket list for dining out. For excellent preparation and flavor, the two choices of meat, prime rib and stuffed pork, the boiled shrimp and crab legs, topped the bountiful choices on a grandiose buffet. Disappointing were the appetizers, the two soups, the absence of cooked seasonal vegetables and an unimaginative assortment of desserts. Thank goodness for vanilla ice cream. A clerical problem with our reservations could not have been handled more discretely and professionally by the management. The champagne we were offered as an apology, turned out to be what I suspect-- because Chateau Elan is also a winery that grows its own grapes--the house white wine. I love French food but will pass until, or if, I return to France. Meanwhile, next Mother's Day I will ask my son-in-law and my teenage grandson, both great cooks, to break out the grill and I'll bring the Guinness.

Room Tip: Did not stay here
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Holiday Inn Express Braselton
Best Western Braselton Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Hampton Inn & Suites Flowery Branch

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!