“Highly Overrated!”

Chateau Elan Winery And Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed the weekend while visiting family. I will start with the positive.. The hotel staff were very friendly and tried hard to please. The hotel was also located on a beautiful piece of property.

Ok, now for the real deal! This hotel is not very nice for the price. But that would based on what our "norm" would be for the price we paid. Our norm is a Ritz Carlton or a Boutique type hotel. This hotel was quite tacky and made a bad attempt at French decor. Very cheaply furnished and the hotel construction quality was low as well. We only had one meal and it was not good so we did not eat on the property again. We had dinner at St. Paddys which was loud and the lighting was too high for much of an ambience! However, the staff were lovely. Food quality was not good and the wine was very mediocre to say the least.
If you are used to high end properties beware!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Pradaprincess2
Write a ReviewReviews (1,603)

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great three day getaway for 8 adults and 3 kids. Villas offer large bedroom/bathroom and living room for 10-12 folks comfortably.Very friendly and helpful staff at every location. We would definitely plan another visit soon.

Room Tip: We had a two and three bedroom villa.Secluded and very nice ,across the street from clubhouse.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

As a frequent patron I am constantly amazed at the service I receive here. Each time is better than the visit before. I have not left the hotel and I am already thinking about my next visit. The rooms are immaculate and the beds are the most comfortable ever. The newly renovated pool and hot tub are spectacular. I have stayed in both the rooms and the suites and both are spacious and luxurious. The recent renovation of the villas and the beautiful luxury furnishings have always been a favorite for my family This is a must for a relaxing getaway. The staff always exceeds our expectations by going above and beyond.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2013

March of 2013 I had the opprotunity to spend a day at the Spa at Chateau Elan. I have been there many times and it has always been amazing but this time it was beyond my high expectations. Updated yet again, so beautiful and serene. What amazed me is that every staff member was world class. Welcoming, friendly, experienced, knowledgable and caring are just a few of the adjectives that could be used to describe everyone I encountered. My day there was one of rejuvenation and indulgence. What a difference a day makes! I highy reccomend a get away at Chateau Elan.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed two night for a girls night out birthday weekend and this resort is a gem! The rooms are well appointed, large comfortable beds, large showers, soaking tubs, and upscale toiletries with robes in each guest room. The recently renovated pool area is beautiful. Large deck area with gracious supply of chairs and umbrellas. Attentive servers to take food and beverage orders promptly. Even better at night to enjoy the hot spa with the beautiful colors that light up the pool and the cozy fireplaces and fire pits that light up the night. Everyone in the hotel greets you with a friendly smile and are helpful. We also participated in the Culinary Class on a Friday night and met new friends a fabulous Chef and had a wonderful dinner. I highly recommend this experience when available. Limited space so book in advance.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Chateau Elan is a great escape for a couple or girls night out. The service is very good, the rooms are stylish and comfortable. The wine tour is fun. The grounds are beautiful. I recommend a room with a view. 1102-1147, 2102-2147, 3102-3147, 4102-4147. Not anywhere near 349 with a view of the roof. Get a package with dinner and the wine tour included, it is worth it. The chef does pasta better than salmon. Try the local wine it is very nice. The Irish pub is complete with potatoe soup, fish and chips, Guinness, Jameson, and their own homemade Irish cream. We had a very good time and hated to leave.

Room Tip: Stay away from 349,and 449 they have a view of the roof. Ask for a pool or forest view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I came in for a girls night out to relax with my best friend that lives far far away. A couple of drinks, some talking and giggling was all I expected. Once I got to the hotel, I realized I had made a great choice. I was so blown away by the wonderful hospitality!

The service was consistently friendly...all of the food was scrumptuous...and the rooms are heavenly...a perfect girls get-away. Next time, we will book a weekend and enjoy more of the food and the spa!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville
Jameson Inn Winder
Jameson Inn Winder
#1 of 2 in Winder

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!