Chateau Elan Winery And Resort
$94
Country Inn
$143
Best Western Braselton Inn(Braselton)(Great Value!)
$116
Quality Inn(Winder)
$90
$76
$70
Hampton Inn & Suites Flowery Branch(Flowery Branch)(Great Value!)
$129
Hampton.com
$100
QualityInn
1,637 results
All reviewsirish pubspa restaurantdifferent wineswine tourspa serviceshenk eversversailles restaurantnature trailbeautiful resortcooking classrelaxing weekendthis past weekendbreakfast buffetthe entire staffconference centerceolis
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and two other couples just returned from a three night stay at Chateau Elan. My husband and his friends golfed, while the wives did spa days. Everyone there was so wonderful. The staff and the management are so friendly and accommodating. Each of us was treated like royalty. No desire or request is too great. Even the smallest things are treated with importance and handles as quickly as humanly possible. There are a number of restaurants and lounges, golf, tennis, outdoor and indoor pools, hot tubs, walking trails, a Par 3 course, exercise facilities, and, of course, the winery. We had the Friday night Buffet in the Versailles Restaurant and the Sunday Brunch there, and both were fabulous! The cherry trees were in bloom with blossoms floating on the air like pale pink snowflakes. The rooms are well-appointed, and the bed and bathrooms very nice. We are definitely going back! The only thing that I would have liked was a lighted, magnifying mirror in the bath or bedroom. The lighting is subdued.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just returned from a $1,200 WEEKEND at Chateau Elan and I have to say that we won't go back. (We had a standard room in the Inn.)

The hotel is nice and the staff service is EXCELLENT. However....

The golf courses were in very bad condition. It is early spring, but there was no reduction in cost, so we were not prepared for the muddy mess we found.

The spa was VERY loud. I did have one of the best massages I have ever had (and I am a massage junky!) so I would ask for Tawana if you go.

I chose the champagne & caviar spa pedicure (which came with a glass of champagne & chocolate) but the service was mediocre at best. I usually get a pedicure every month, but I am not sure that I will be able to wait that long.

We ate dinner the first night in the Versailles Room. We did have a bottle of wine, but I thought that $200 was a lot for a BUFFET for 3 people (one of whom is a 12 year old).

Room Tip: Try to be opposite of the entry drive. We had a large party leave about 2AM and stand below our window hooting and hollering for about 30 minutes on our first night there. Good news is - the black out drapes work very well!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decided to go for Easter weekend to Chateau Elan. We live in Georgia and have always wanted to visit, since we had heard so many wonderful things about the resort. From downtown Atlanta it took about one hour to get there. Check in was at 3:00, I believe, but we wanted to leave earlier so we could take full advantage of the resort. We arrived around 12:00 noon and were greeted by two hotel employees offerring to take our luggage and park our vehicle. You have the option to use valet parking (not sure of the cost), or do self park. The parking lot was only a few feet away from the entrance, so we parked our own vehicle. We proceeded to the front desk to see if our room would be ready and to our surprise we were able to check in 3 hours early. The staff at the front desk are very personable and ready to tend to your every need. We headed to our room to unpack. Upon entering the room, we noticed fresh rose petals placed on the bed. We had not ordered this ahead of time, but the hotel kindly had this touch waiting for us. We opted for a king size regular room. Wow! That's all I can say. The room was spacious and decorated wonderfully. We had a very comfortable king size bed with top of the line linens and pillows. There were two nightstands with a lamp on each. There was a plush chair in the corner with an ottoman. A work area (desk and chair) was on the other side of the room. We had a huge television, but we never turned it on over the weekend. There was a full length mirror, ironing board and iron, and a nice size closet with plenty of room for storage. There was a safe to store your belongings. There was also two very comfy robes for us to use later in the evening. Our room overlooked the pool area, very very nice view.

The bathroom was huge! There was a large sink area that had a nice selection of toiletries. The bathroom had a huge tub and a separate shower area. The tile in the bathroom made it feel even nicer. There was a blowdrier also, so leave yours at home!

After getting settled we headed out to find some lunch. There are many options for lunch. In the lobby area located in the hotel there's an open air dining venue. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. I believe each of these meals offer buffet, or ordering off the menu. The spa is located in different building, behind the main hotel. They serve light breakfasts and lunches. Each of their meals list the calories of what it is you are eating. I really enjoyed that touch. We decided to have lunch at Paddy's Irish Pub. It's located right next to the hotel. My husband wanted to try the fish and chips he had heard so much about. The restaurant was cozy and quaint and on the weekends they have entertainment (music) each evening. There were several fire places with gas logs burning when we arrived. We chose a seat next to the fireplace and ordered one of Chateau Elan's chardonnay's. The wine was very good. We decided to share a soup of the day, which was steak and mushroom. It sounded interesting, and it was very tasty. It came with some rye bread. My husband had fish and chips and I had a salad with grilled chicken. The fish arrived with three filets stacked side by side on top of thick cut fries. Everything was delicious. I did think that the food was a bit pricey for lunch. My salad was $14 and my husband's fish was $16 or $17. It's still worth it to splurge once in awhile.

After lunch we headed to the winery and took a tour of how the wines are made. They have the tours on Saturday leaving every hour on the hour after 12:00. The tour was $10 a person and it included a beautiful chateau elan wine glass to take home, along with sampling of several wines that are from the winery itself. I would do the tour again just for the wine glass. This lasted about an hour. The actual tour was probably 30 mins. It was short and sweet, but informative.

We had decided to book a culinary demonstration after the tour. They offer one afternoon demonstration on Saturday's for $25 a person and they have one in the evening where you prepare your own meal for $125. The cooking demonstration was just a few feet away from where the tour was, so that was easy. There were 4 or 5 other couples in attendance of the demonstration. Our chef poured each of us a glass of wine and the demonstration began. From start to finish he prepared a rabbit rissoto. It was delicious! I thoroughly enjoyed the demonstration and would definitely do it again. It lasted a little over an hour.

We decided to walk the grounds after this. It's just simply beautiful. Everything was lush and very well manicured. The staff throughout this resort are top of the line!

During the evening we spent the night in the lounge. We didn't feel like a big dinner, so we ordered some snacks here. They have a beautiful bar in this area, two pool tables and a stage for the entertainment. It was wonderful dancing the night away and making new friends.

We took advantage of their Easter brunch package for the weekend. We loved it so much, we booked another reservation for Mother's day. If you have the opportunity to spend a weekend here, definitely do so. If you can't stay the night, come out and try their Sunday Brunch, it's definitely not your average brunch!

One last thing, they do have a huge swimming pool w/an outdoor bar area, a huge fireplace and lounge chairs for relaxing. There are also nice walking trails to take advantage of. Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Chateau élan is located right next to the highway but feels like miles away from the busy city atmosphere. Excellent place for a romantic getaway. Bit pricy. Excellent service. We had a nice relaxing time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just had my first visit at Chateau Elan and what a pleasant surprise! Of course the room was fabulous, but the staff was the absolute best! Truly made us feel like their most special quest ever. There was a peaceful calm atmosphere throughout the facility. And spring in GA is the most beautiful time of the year. The blooming trees were like art work throughout the grounds.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family