“Fabulous Honeymoon Location”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Decatur, Georgia
“Fabulous Honeymoon Location”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My sister got my husband and I a wonderful honeymoon package at Chateau Elan! We started with a couples massage which was simply the best massage I have ever had. We also toured the winery, had a fantastic dinner and brunch!. The room was very luxurious and the staff could not have been more friendly or accomodating. We were both very impressed with the level of service provided. We had such a great time I suggested going back every year for our anniversary - and I my husband was like why don't we come back even sooner!

Room Tip: We loved the view of the pool! At night they have an outdoor fire going by the pool which is very c...
1 Thank Caroline M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Spent weekend with my family at this fabulous resort northeast of Atlanta. Staff, rooms and food was great! Even in January, the two mile nature trail we hiked on Saturday afternoon was beautiful. I recommend lunch at the winery. Food was great. The Irish Pub was fun too. We were there to attend a 50th Wedding Anniversary for a family member. What a great location, central to all the southeast.

Room Tip: We had a suite with an adjoining room for my son and daughter-in-law. Worked out great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rickjax
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a great time! My husband and I haven't been out for NYE in a while, so when friends invited us, we took them up and just had a blast! The food & service was very good, the room looked festive and the music was great... lots of fun! We also stayed in a Villa, very comfortable. Fun little get-away and we enjoyed welcoming in 2013 in style!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed January 25, 2013

When my husband and I lived in Atlanta, we used to go to Chateau Elan with some regularity. We moved to New Mexico shortly after celebrating our 10th anniversary at Chateau Elan and recently returned to celebrate our 20th anniversary there. In spite of dreary weather, we had a great stay thanks to a beautiful room, delicious meals, fine wine and excellent service. We won't wait another 10 years to go back.

1 Thank Mindy H
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed January 22, 2013

To help me escape a milestone birthday, my family sent me to Chateau Elan for a weekend celebration. My husband & I stayed in Room S07 on the ground floor of the Spa. The luxurious accommodations were warm & inviting. The king size bed was very comfortable. Our room was at the end of the hall & had a spectacular view of the lake & gazebo. The staff was very friendly & helpful. Special thanks to Wendy, Charles, Erika, Carrielle & Towanda for outstanding service! Shuttle service was provided to the Inn, golf courses and restaurants on the property. My husband enjoyed golfing while I enjoyed a hot stone pedicure and also a massage. Breakfast & lunch at Fleur-de-Lis were scrumptious (& don't forget dessert)! We enjoyed dinner at L'Auberge (live music after 9 pm on Saturdays) & Fish & Chips at Paddy's Irish Pub. I didn't escape my birthday, but what an awesome way to try!!

Room Tip: Corner room has more windows.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
dunwoody
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went to Chateau Elan for a couples escape while our kids were visiting relatives. Out visit was mid-week between Christmas and New Year's Eve, figuring that the place would be quiet (it was) and we'd see the best of Chateau Elan (I hope not).

Room: clean with a comfortable bed; no real frills but nice.

Spa: very good massage therapists; facials etc were good but as usual the focus is on upselling the products. Disappointment was cleanliness and upkeep: rusted light fixtures; constant trash and hairballs on floor of women's locker room; decor was closer to dentist waiting room than luxurious spa; snacks while waiting for services were as follows: apples, oranges, peanut snack mix, and yogurt-covered pretzels (just seemed a little cheesy for high-end spa).

Service: generally quite good. Really, really nice people working there. You do get a taste of southern hospitality done right.

Wine: We didn't bother this time, having learned our lesson several years ago about how mediocre the wine is. If you like peach muscadine, you might like this place for its winery. If you like a good cab...don't try it.

Dining: Real disappointment. Breakfast was tasty both days but breakfast is hard to mess up; what wasn't so good was that the staff seemed incapable of keeping breakfast items stocked. Out of all breads both days; fruit was picked-over; etc. Dinner was the real problem though. First night we just wanted a quick bite and went to Paddy's - most of it was clearly frozen food - think Applebee's without the selection and you'll get the picture. Don't go expecting a great beer selection, either - mostly major breweries. Second night we decided at the last minute to try their higher-end restaurant, Le Clois. Went by the front desk of the hotel to ask about reservations and was informed that Le Clos had tons of availability and we could walk over right then. Front desk clerk should have mentioned the dress code to us: I was wearing high-end jeans, nice loafers, nice button-down shirt. Upon arriving at Le Clos, the maitre 'd very nicely turned us away based on the dress code (no jeans). The place, mind you, was nearly empty. A little anachronistic, considering that the same outfit wouldn't even be given a second look at nearly any restaurant in Atlanta. Chateau management, this isn't a high-end, exclusive golf club - you're fooling yourself if you think you're that good. Rather than changing, we went to the resort's main restaurant, Versailles to dine: again found an unimaginative menu, poorly-executed; my wife sent her entree back and I didn't eat half of mine. We ended up enjoying far more the cheeses, hummus and crackers we brought with us.

Final disappointment: we were sent an email survey a few days after our trip. We provided substantially the same feedback as above and figured that we'd hear at least a follow-up question or comment from management. It's been nearly a month with radio silence. Apparently they're doing well enough with wedding traffic and first-time visitors that they don't care about negative responses from someone who might actually make a return trip were the experience worthwhile.

If you're looking for a good north Georgia spa getaway, an alternative suggestion would be Barnsley Gardens. It's a little harder to find, but a real treat without the delusions of grandeur.

8 Thank D_A_R_E_Dunwoody
Macon, Georgia, USA
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Spent a weekend enjoying good food, wine, and pleasant surroundings. Experienced three restaurants and two cooking experiences - all were excellent. The wine tour and tasting was a pleasure. Nice romantic getaway!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Holiday Inn Express Braselton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Hampton Inn & Suites Flowery Branch
Best Western Braselton Inn

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!