“Great for a Management Team Retreat!”

Chateau Elan Winery And Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Braselton
Reviewed November 6, 2011

My company held the annual management planning retreat here at the end of October. What a great place to do something like that! They put all of us on the same floor, so it was easy for us to assemble. The food was pretty good at dinner the first night in the winery and the second night we did the cooking class, which was a lot of fun. The meeting place was comfortable, although there were times when housekeeping disrupted the actual meetings. Not a big deal, even so. The spa was pretty nice - I've been in nicer spas and definitely much worse. But overall, I'd recommend the spa - the staff was great! The beds were comfortable and there was plenty of hot water and water pressure. We were there during the week, so it was quiet and relaxing on the grounds. It was a beautiful environment - the leaves were changing and the meeting room overlooked a beautiful landscape. I'd definitely recommend Chateau Elan for a business meeting and would enjoy a long weekend here with my spouse.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,584)

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Phillip and I had a wonderful, relaxing weekend and were spoiled by the service and accommodations. We enjoyed food and beverages at the Cafe as well as the Versailles.
The highlight of our visit was the couple's massages we received by Lee and Laurie. They were extremely professional and gifted at their craft.

We wanted to share our thoughts and plan on future visits to extraordinary resort.

Denise and Phillip Horge

Room Tip: We upgraded to a suite and it was well worth the minor financial commitment.
1  Thank Denise J
Reviewed November 2, 2011

This was our first visit after the renovation in the spa and what a beautiful job! We had a weekend of total relaxation. Our room, the staff, food, spa treatments..all exeeded expectations. The staff was friendly and most eager to please from the moment we checked- in to the moment we checked-out. I cannot say enough good things..this is a true gem in Georgia! And we will return again.

1  Thank 2ofustravel
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My significant other and I came to celebrate our first anniversary. From opening our car door when we arrived on Friday to departing on Sunday~the service was excellent. We thorougly enjoyed our wine tasting tour. The tour/wine tasting guide(s) were very funny. We even got the opportunity to see a wedding which was absolutely BREATH TAKING. I cant wait to return.

1  Thank Gina P
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Kevin and I had been to Chateau Élan a few years ago for their annual wine festival. We enjoyed wine tastings, live music, food sampling, cooking demonstrations, wine classes, grape stomping and more-all in an elegant atmosphere with impeccable customer service. Because of this experience, the resort held for us great wedding potential and sentimental value.
The “Intimate Package” they offer is a perfect concept- a couple need only show up with their attire, photographer and a small posse, and the rest is arranged. Chateau Élan provides the food, officiant, music, flowers, cake, champagne, bridal suite, wine, and best of all- a wedding planner. You can enjoy the day without worries, knowing that everything is in the hands of the experts. Looking at the photo gallery on their website, you can see that this place does A LOT of weddings. There were 4 on the day we were there, and the bellman told me that was an easy Saturday in comparison to the spring and summer season.
Although the package, in theory, allows the bride to relax and show up with a dress, I started to tweak the package and got a little carried away. As an event planner myself, I felt compelled to get involved in the minutiae of the arrangements. My wedding planner Alyssa was very patient throughout all of this. I’m sure she copes with a wide range of bride personalities, and she handled my excessive inquiries with grace. She allowed me to start the planning process much earlier than they normally do, which meant that she and I had an email relationship for close to a year before the big day.
Alyssa worked with me through all of my edits to the package. I wanted to say thanks to her for all she did to help make our wedding such a wonderful memory. Her support and guidance meant so much to me during the big weekend. In addition, everyone with whom we came into contact at the hotel-before and during the event- was courteous, helpful and responsive. Please also thank Drago for his help during the luncheon, the AV team for coming to the rescue during our video problems.
I have blogged about the experience, posted the pictures on Facebook, and one of my guests has recommended Chateau Elan to two friends who are getting married.
Below are a few photos, which as you will see, have turned out amazing in the backdrop of the beautiful property. Kevin and I plan to return to Chateau Elan for many more delightful get-aways in the years to come. We will always have a special place in our heart for the resort that helped make our day a dream come true.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Being a wine enthusiast, I had been here a couple of times ofer the years when I was in town, but always had gone alone. I finally got one of my friends to come with me. $10 per person for the wine tasting tour wasn't bad.

Our tour guide gave us a history of the winery downstairs in the winemaking area, then we went back upstairs to taste 5 different wines. He told us how to swirl it, look for the 'legs,' and how to smell and taste it. That day, we tasted a Chardonnay, Cabernet, Muscatine, Peach Muscatine, and Port. The Muscatine and Port were nasty, and a lot of the other people on the tour agreed. They just weren't appealing to my taste buds, I guess.

The property is absolutely beautiful. We walked around the hotel and the grounds, as well as the winery and winery gift shop itself. One thing I'll say is that I'll most likely never stay here, as $350 - $500 a night is a bit expensive for my tastes. But for a bit of the Chateau Elan experience, I highly recommend the Winery tour.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have been going to Chateau Élan for 10 years now, and the quality of service, accommodations and food has continued to decline.
The Villa we stayed in had several issues. Beds need replacing our mattress slopped to one side. The furniture is worn out, padding completely compressed. The drain pipe under the sink completely failed and dumped a sinks worth of soapy dish water into the cabinet and kitchen floor.
The food at Versailles needs a major overhaul.....For a $ 39.00 buffet your dinner choices should not be over cooked, pasty and have such a limited selection. Service was very slow.
The breakfast buffet $ 16.00 was even more disappointing. To compare this breakfast to what you would receive at Waffle House would be an insult to Waffle House.
As a family we spent over $ 2000 for a 3 day weekend, our money could have been better spent.

Room Tip: Stay in the Inn and not the Villas
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braselton
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Braselton
Best Western Braselton Inn
Holiday Inn Express Braselton
SpringHill Suites Athens
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Jefferson

Been to Chateau Elan Winery And Resort? Share your experiences!